Chapter 20

Luke's POV

I ignored Kelsey's skittish behaviour as we boarded the jet. She and I were the only ones going this week. I had told them I had a couple of shoots and interviews in Paris so, I had to go earlier than when we were all scheduled to go. My parents, being my parents suggested Kelsey go with me to keep me 'in check' and also to start on one of her art projects. We would be alone for three-four days which was overly frustrating as I would have to babysit her instead of going out and fucking some French girls. I settled myself on the jet and Kelsey didn't dare it opposite me, instead, she sat on the other side completely. Since the day she broke my trust I decided to ignore her and be an asshole once again.

"Stop bouncing your fucking leg." I made her jump with my harsh voice.

"Ah Mr Brooks, how are you today?"

"Awfully peachy Henry." I smiled pleasantly. "How's the weather looking?"

"A bit patchy, it may even snow in Paris."

"But you'll get us through it." I grinned.

"Of course Luke." He laughed.

"You're the man, Henry." I chuckled as he left. I was about to buckle my seatbelt but from my peripheral vision, I could see Kelsey bounce her leg again. "Stop it, Kelsey." I inhaled a short breath and went to sit next to her. "Why are you shaking?" I gripped her shaking hand.

"I'm nervous." She muttered, trying to snatch her hand away from my grip.

"This is your captain speaking, please put your seatbelts on we're about take off."

"First time flying?" I questioned lightly, doing her seatbelt for her as she concentrated on me. I did mine as she nodded. "It's not bad darling." The colour on her face drained as we started down the runway. I internally panicked, what if she fainted? "Kelsey, baby?" I snapped my finger in front of her face and made her look at me, "We're going to play a game." I announced. "What's your favourite colour?"

"I don't know anymore."

"Alright, favourite thing about yourself?"

"Nothing."

"Okay favourite brand?"

"Anything affordable."

"Chips or ice cream?"

"Chips."

"Favourite place."

"Your stargazing spot."

"Favourite person."

"Jaxon Brooks." I laughed hearing this, noticing we were already in the air and she hadn't even noticed.

"Do you love me?"

"As a friend yes."

"Ouch baby, my ego."

"What was the point of that?"

"To distract you," I grinned, leaning back into the comfortable seat, "Oh and it worked baby."

"That was strange."

"Well I could have distracted you in other ways, but I fear our friendship is not at that level." I grinned making her blush. "What are your favourite flowers?"

"Roses, like the ones you sent me."

"When?"

"You've been sending me roses every day Luke." I tried to rummage my mind to remember this.

"Oh yes! I sent you a rose with a note the day after I snook out of your window! And then carried on," I mumbled, unbuckling my seatbelt.

"It's cute."