Chapter 27

Luke's POV

I slept peacefully, soundly almost. I slept on the Kelsey situation and ignored her yesterday. I didn't talk to her. I must admit lying to her felt great but I also felt guilty. She had me wrapped around her finger and she made me feel all of these absurd feelings. So I slept on it. I slept for a long while, softly, soundly and peacefully.

"Luke-" I was poked and I frowned. Who dares wake me up like this? "Luke." I was shaken lightly. "Luke." The feminine voice spoke again and squeezed my eyes shut. My phone rang loudly, making my eyes shoot open before I could register my surroundings, hot liquid was poured onto me and my poor, poor bed.

"What the fuck?!" I screeched loudly, jumping out of my bed. I breathed heavily, feeling as if I had been attacked but guess who stood there?

Kelsey panicked, frozen on the spot. "Oh god-I'm-I'm so sorry."

I looked at her with a spiteful look, "Only Bridget and Maria are allowed to wake me up! As Bridget is my personal maid and Maria the head maid!" I spat, livid with the situation. Who the hell would want to be woken by hot tea?! My favourite drink poured all over me in the bloody morning!

"Your Mother asked me to wake you since Bridget was busy, and Bridget asked me nicely to give you tea because you get cranky in the morning."

"She said that?" I glowered darkly. Oh, she would be getting a lot from me today.

"No, I inferred it." I stared at my bed and then I glimpsed at her. I counted backwards from 50 to calm down my nerves, telling myself I wasn't going to get pissy over small things such as this. "I'm sorry." She apologised quickly, bowing her head in embarrassment and shame. I stood silently, contemplating my next move.

"Okay." I exhaled. "That's fine. It wasn't bad." I spoke as nicely as possible, picking up some of the bedsheets and wiping down my face.

"Luke-" She must honestly think I have an attitude problem or that I'm bipolar. One minute I'm happy and then the next I start screaming and I'm angry.

"However you shouldn't be in my room. I rather not speak to you at the moment and ever to be precise." I remembered her and Kaden and I guess 'sleeping on it' didn't help at all. Which wasn't a surprise at all.

"You're not still mad are you?" Kelsey asked timidly.

"No, I don't fuck with girls that have boyfriends or girlfriends. I never have never will." I answered coldly, wiping myself down with a dryer side of my bedsheet, knowing it would have to be changed and washed.

"Sir-what happened?" Bridget looked shocked, a frown on her face.

"You asked Kelsey to do something and she messed it up that's what happened." I stared at her dead in the eyes. "third maid my fucking ass," I muttered under my breath. I forced a smile, "please escort Miss Willard out of my room." I rubbed my temples. "I have a strict rule Bridget, no one enters my room unless I say so or I bring them here. You should know this." I exhaled.

"I apologise deeply Mr Brooks-"

"It was a small mishap, in the end, I wasn't burned thankfully." I nodded slowly. "My bed needs changing and it's wet." I paused staring at Kelsey, with an icy look. "Get rid of this tea stench whilst I shower and make me another cup of tea please."

"Okay sir," Bridget smiled softly. "It may be a bad time but a girl called Dulce is on the phone for you."

"Dulcie who?"

"Dulcie Gold?" She raised a brow.

I squeezed my eyes shut and pinched the bridge of my nose, "Shit."