Healing

Hiccup

I was getting better way faster than Astrid. I was kind of worried. She acted fine but by the way she was moving in new she wasn't. She wasn't as active anymore and she didn't have good posture. I went up to her and asked her how her back was. She flinched like I was going to touch her back. Said ok and then went to get gothi. She said that the last time she checked on her was 2 weeks ago. I asked her if she could check on her again.
        I get back to my house and and head up to my room. I was about to open my door but I peeked through the crack of the door instead. I see Astrid standing in the mirror looking at her back. It looks all swollen and infected.
       I then walk into the room and she quickly turns around biting her lip. "So I asked gothi today if she could check your back for me today." I told her. " what, why? Theirs no need to. I'm fine." She argues back. " well if your fine then their should be no problem." I reply.

The next day

Today gothi is coming in the morning to check Astrid's back. When she got here I lead her up stairs to Astrid and then I went back down the stairs for breakfast with dad. Gothi wasn't even up their for a minute and she was already back down. Her and stoick went back up. Then only my dad came down and said Astrid was Asking for me. I came up and she told me that she has to re open her scars to she can clean them. As soon as I heard that I grabbed her hand and didn't let go. I watched gothi as she was getting ready. Astrid kept on squeezing my hand harder and harder. Gothi was ready and she held the blade in her hand and started to cut. Astrid started to cry. I felt so bad. I felt like this was my fault.
       Once gothi was finished she was just as week as when Alvin did it. I picked her up bridle style and brought her downstairs to the couch. I sat down with her head on my lap. Astrid fell asleep really fast. Then my dad came over. "Son we need to talk. I know Astrid and you are dating. I love it that you found a girl. But we need to set some rules since you live under the same roof. Rule one, no sleeping together. Rule two, no making out." I stopped him really fast. "DAD! Enough!i understand all the rules. I don't want to hear anymore." I yelled.
      After that Astrid starts to wake up. The medicine that gothi gave her to take away some of the pain has clearly worn off because she was in a lot of pain. "OWW! HICCUP, it's really hurting." She explained. I look at her and held her close to me as she started to cry into my chest. My dad is no longer in the house so I am alone with her. He had to go and do some chief duties.
      Later in the afternoon I was helping Astrid stand up because after her surgery her back would hurt every time she went to stand up. I had my hands under her arms to lift her up a bit to relief the pressure on her back so she could walk. I didn't lift her up all the way though. Astrid and I walked from my house to the great hall. On are way their we bumped into the others. They had no idea what had happened to Astrid and felt bad for not visiting. When we got to the heat hall we sat down on the steps in front of the building and talked for a while then left. On are way back Astrid tripped over a rock and fell. I had to dive informs of her so she didn't hit the ground and get hurt even more. She landed on top of my chest and we looked at each other and started to laugh. I don't even know what was so funny that made us laugh. When we were finished laughing I got up and then lifted Astrid back up to her feet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you liked this chapter. Bye for now. 💋💋💋