NEW KID ON THE BLOCK

Aaliyah's Point Of View.

I continue to push Jada on the swing "I don't know what I'm gonna do next year" I complain as I've been having a battle in my head about what I am going to do once school is over, even though it is a while away "I just want to go to acting school" Jada tells me "I know" "It will come to you I'm sure" she replies as she watches the boys fuck around, smoking weed.

"You think Pac and I are going too fast?" She suddenly changes the subject as I step out from behind her "What you talking about?" "I don't know I just think we are moving too fast. I don't want us to end up like Cyn and Raheem, not like it's a bad thing, but they were friends once and now they hate eachother" "They don't hate each other. That's just what happens when you have a baby when your a baby yourself" I declare "Mhmm" she hums in agreement "Speaking of the devil" she says smiling from ear to ear as we see Cyn walking up to us with my God son, Roman in her arms.

We all hug as I take Roman from her and kiss him on the cheek "I thought you was going to school" "I did, but Mr Smith told me not to come until Thursday" "Lucky" I comment, I wish he told me not to come in until Thursday and just stay at home all day. The only good thing about school is the people that are there and half of the good ones are right here.

"So how comes you out here?" Jada asks "Locked myself out the house, so I ain't got no where to go until my mom comes home at 2" she comments as the boys walk up to us "That sucks" "It's been a long day" she huffs "Yo, we're going to Steel's for food" Omar informs us "Why don't you come with us, Cyn? You can't stay out here" "Alright" she says as we all start walking to Steel's house.

We've been walking for five minutes once we turn the corner of the block that Steel lives on "...As fat as you are there isn't any food in the house?" Pac asks, clowing Steel about his weight as per usual "Yeah, mom said she's going shopping tonight" Steel confesses as we continue strolling to his crib.

Cyn's Point Of View.

"Being a dad is more than buying one pair of trainers and I know Aaliyah told you to get 'em" "So what?" He questions "So you should use your initiative. Think for yourself for once. Nobody tells me what he needs" "Yeah, that's because you get to see him everyday" he argues. "And who's fault is that huh? I've given you a dozen chances and you blew all of them" Raheem groans "You don't want to grow up, you want to fuck around in the streets with your friends" "I will grow up aiyt" he answers "And how many times have I heard that one?" In the short 10 months that we have been parents Raheem always tells me that he will change and grow up. I don't need another child.

"I told you if you let him stay with me the night I will prove to you that I've grown up" "You know and I know that your mom is going to be the one looking after him" I comment "That's a lie" "You're so lucky, you get to sleep in on the weekends, go out when you want to. All I want to do is go to school. I'm the one stuck with a baby"

Don't get me wrong I love my child, but sometimes I just need a break, but I don't know about letting Raheem have him for more than a minute. He's just so immature.

"You shouldn't have let inbetween your thighs then" "ACTUALLY I didn't want to have sex that night I only did it because you kept asking" I declare with an attitude, folding my arms as we walk into Steel's apartment complex "No, YOU was all over MY dick I literally couldn't keep you off me" "Yeah, right" I reply as we start walking up the stairs. "For real... aiyt so what if I come to your house after school tomorrow around 4 and you can do whatever you want?" "I told you..." "I know, but I'll be downstairs and you can be upstairs. I won't take him no where" he continues "Okay fine" I say as he smiles, both of us walking into Steel's home.

Eazy's Point Of View.

Today is my first day at Compton High and it's okay, I guess. The best thing about LA so far is the weather and all that shit I've heard about gangs, well I haven't seen any of them yet.

"Let's ask this nigga right here. Kiss, marry, fuck, Lisa Simpson, them hoes from Totally Spies or the grandma from Hey Arnold" One of the dudes with Jheri curl dripping from his Compton hat asks me "Urgh... well I guess I got to marry the girls from Totally Spies, fuck the grandma and make out with Lisa Simpson if I had to" I watch as three out of four of the boys groan and kiss their teeth, obviously disappointed with my answer.

"Man, I told you" a skinny, darker skin one said as he daps me up "Why would you want to fuck someone's grandma?" A light skinned one who looks way to old to be at school questions his friend "Vintage vagina is the best vagina" he laughs and daps me up for the second time. "Ren you raw" the lightskin one comments.

"So you the new kid right?" The tallest one asks, so I nod "Well I'm Dre" he infroms "Eric but people call me Eazy-E" "I'm Cube, this Ren and we call this one Yella, because he's a yellow motherfucker" they all laugh apart from the one called Yella. "So what are you a gangbanger or something?" Ren asks and I just shake my head. "Good" he replies back "You don't want to join no gang" Cube looks down at me.

"What's all this blood and crip shit that I always hear about?" "We don't call 'em Crips no more, we call 'em Cuz and you don't want to fuck with either of them, wear the wrong colours in the wrong area code you will find your ass dead on the front page of LA Times" Cube expresses "Just don't get into shit with the wrong people" Yella warns and I nod, hearing a bell go off.

"That's lunch done" Dre calls as I pull out my schedule from my pocket and scan it "So what you got Eazy?" Yella quizs me "English with Mrs Walters" I comment "Oh that's the best class all the homies are in there and Mrs Walters is fiooone" "I swear she always wears them short skirts for me" Ren informs me as we all start walking to the class "Man, she ain't trinna impress you, she trinna impress me" Cube calls as they all laugh.