TROUBLE

Aaliyah's Point Of View.
Saturday 21st January 1982.

I promised Raheem that I would go to the mall with him so I could help him pick out trainners for Roman and I could hopefully get some stuff for myself. So after having a shower I decide on getting dressed into:

 So after having a shower I decide on getting dressed into:

I straighten my hair and do my make up. I head downstairs and get something to eat before I meet up with Raheem at the mall.

[At The Mall]

Raheem already brought a pair of trainers for Roman and I somehow managed to drag him into a store that sale clothes for females. He follows me around as I scan everything. "Can we go now?" "Wait" I tell him and he sighs standing beside me. I grab a T-shirt and inspect it quickly, scanning the design "What you think?" "It's aiyt" he confesses so I take it over to the floor lengthed mirror and put it against my body.

"Man, it's wack" I say when Raheem catches up to me with a different T-shirt in his hands, which is definitely not my colour "This, this is hard. If I was a female I would definitely rock this" "I don't think so Raheem" I giggle to myself "Come on, you would be turning heads in this, look" he stands behind me as he holds the item infront of me. I hold it at my chest, while he stretches it around my hips, helping me see his vision. "See what I'm saying?" He asks me, his lips close to my ear. "Yeah, maybe I might get it" "I'm telling you, it's the bomb, niggas would be drooling when they see you in this" he reassures me.

"Oh, so this is the girl you've been fucking with" we hear a girl declare beside us, so we both turn our heads to the left to see Rhian. Raheem immediately steps away from me, leaving the T-shirt in my hands. "Rhian it ain't like that" he declares. No way is it 'like that' Raheem is a brother to me and Roman's dad, there is no way I would fuck around with him. She should know that.

"So what the fuck is it like because you had a whole bunch of hickeys on your neck the other day and now your here with her. Looks suspicious to me" "She's like my sister. I would never" he countines "I don't even have to explain myself to you, you ain't my girl" "Okay, we'll see what your baby mama has to say about this" she announces before leaving.

"Told you, you need to stop messing around with those nasty girls" I tell him as we walk through the shop in order to pay for the T-shirt "You think she's going to tell Cyn?" I shrug my shoulders "It's not like she's going to believe her" I say handing the T-shirt over to the lady behind the counter "$15" the woman states after scanning the label whilst I grab my purse and start looking for the money "True" Raheem agrees. I hand over the money and then we both leave the store.

Cyn's Point Of View.

I hand Roman his bottle and he begins to drink from it. I hear a knock at the door so I walk over to it. I look through the peep hole to see Rhian. What the fuck is she doing here? I open the door and she smiles up at me "Can we talk?" She asks "About what?" "It would be better if I told you inside, sitting down" "K" I simply say and allow her in. She immediately walks over to Roman "Aaaw, he's cute" "Thanks" I comment sitting down, she sits across me "Just like his daddy... speaking of Raheem. I saw him today at the mall" "So?" I ask "With Aaliyah" she continues.

"Yeah, I know. Raheem went to go buy some trainers for Roman and Aaliyah went with him" I declare "They wasn't buying trainers when I saw them, they was in that new shop that just opened up at the mall, you know with all the sexy underwear and they was all hugged up" "Yeah right, both Aaliyah and Raheem wouldn't do that" I tell her, shaking her announcement of "I saw it with my own two eyes. They definitely smash" she says, standing up "I just wanted to tell you before someone else does. See ya at school then" "Yeah, see ya" I reply as she heads for the front door.

I shake my head in disbelief. He wouldn't, would he? I know Aaliyah would never go there. She wouldn't do that to me, we've been best friends since we was six years old. She wouldn't do that, or would she?

Aaliyah's Point Of View.

I open the door with my key as I shimmy past it with three bags of clothes in my hands. I managed to persuade Raheem to go to two more shops before we go home. I put the bags down and step out of my trainers, leaving them by the door. "Cyn phoned she asked if I could tell you to phone you back" "I will" I declare as I walk into my bedroom. I sit down on my bed and grab my phone. I dail in Cyn's number as I lye back and then place the phone to my ear. I wait a few seconds until I hear her pick up.

"Hello?" She asks "Hey it's me, Aaliyah. What's up? My mom said you phoned me" "What's up with you and Raheem" I sit up "Rhian came by and she told me that y'all was all hugged up. What's up with that?" She questions me "You don't believe her do you?" "No... I don't know" I screw my face "What do you mean you don't know? I would never, ever do that to you" "So what is Rhian talking about then?" She interrogates "He was standing behind me and we was both looking in the mirror. He was trying to show me something thats all" I explain myself, which I didn't think I would have to do. "She said y'all was looking at some sexy underwear together. Thongs and shit" "Girl, does it look like I wear thongs?" I ask her.

"I'm sorry, I'm just bugging. My bad" "It's cool. Let's just drop it okay" "Okay" she agrees and in the background I hear Roman crying "I'll talk to you later" she comments "Yeah, see ya" I respond before hanging up.