THE FUNERAL

Aaliyah's Point Of View.

It's been a week and a half since Eazy told me about his big plan, but today is Raheem's funeral so after having a shower, I get dressed in a black long sleeved dress that is mid length and sort of fitted and one of my mom's high heels. I brush my hair into a high sleek ponytail. I hear a knock at the door so I get up, leave my room and go over to it. I open it to see Pac.

"You ready?" He questions "I've just got to do my make up real quick. Come in" He walks through so I close the door behind him "How long is it gonna take?" "Five minutes. I'm almost done" I comment strolling past him and into my room.

"Do you know how much motherfuckers we're gonna have to pick up?" "I won't be long" I say as I sit back down at my mirror to apply some mascara "Good thing that Steel is going with Jada so we don't have to pick her ratty ass up" Pac states as he lyes down on my bed "Shut up. Y'all don't need to be arguing especially today" I tell him as I put the mascara down and grab my favourite dark red lipstick. "I won't... Raheem wouldn't want that" I nod as I hear another knock on the door. I put the lipstick down and stand up again.

"You need to pull that dress down" "Shut up" I say "I can see your underwear" "Stop looking then" I comment as I leave my room and walk over to the front door to see Eazy.

"Hey" "Hey" I repeat "Uhmm, I was wondering if you was coming to the funeral and I've been trinna call you" "Have you?" I ask "Yeah, but Stacey or your mom would always pick the phone up instead. They said they'll leave a message, but I guess they forget" "Yeah, probably" I say dropping my hip and placing my hand on it.

"So who are you going with?" "Pac. We're gonna get Sydeny and Sharane as Sydney's. If you wonna come with us I guess you could" I watch him nod and then it falls into an awkward silence. "So what's going on with us?" He asks causing me to shrug my shoulders. I didn't know there was anything going on with us "We haven't talked in over a week. I don't understand" "Listen, we'll talk after the funeral okay?" "K" I then allow him in so I can finish getting ready and then the three of us go to Sydney's house.

We headed to the church which we was a little bit late for meaning that we had to sit right at the back and couldn't hear anything.

20 Minutes Later...

"...Ashes to ashes, dust to dust" the pastor comments as they lower Raheem's casket into the ground. I wipe my eye with a tissue as Eazy puts his arm around my shoulder, so I place my head on his chest.

"Raheem Jones died too young at only 17 years old, however he lived his life to the fullness. His life would live on through his 18 month old son, Roman. Please make sure you reach out to his family as this is one of the hardest times they would ever have to phase. We loved Raheem, but unfortunately it was his time to go" another pastor looking guy says "The family would love for you to join them in the hall for refreshers" the first pastor speaks as Raheem's family start to leave.

The whole gang make our way to the hall beside the church. "What's going on? I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages" Jada questions "You know, same old, same old" "Yeah" she agrees "The funeral is always the worst part for me. It's like the whole time leading up to it you still expect that person to come around and it didn't even seem like he was actually gone until now. The funeral just confirms it" I nod, agreeing "The last funeral I was at was six years ago for Deuce" "It's been six years already?" Jada asks "Yeah" I confirm, nodding "Damn. We really have been through a lot of shit together" I nod again as we link arms and head into the hall.

The whole service I couldn't eat and it was really tough so we decided to leave a little early at 5pm. My teeth chatter as we wait at the bus stop. "Your freezing. Do you want to wear my jacket?" Eazy asks, so I shake my head "Here" he takes it off, so I reluctantly take it and push my arms through the huge sleeves.

After being on the bus for about 10 minutes, we end up home and Pac walks me to my door. After Eazy gave me his coat we talked about our relationship and just decided to take a little break for now, however we won't get with other people.