SO YOU WANT TO BE A GANGSTA?

Eazy's Point Of View.

I'm standing outside of my house with Yella, Omar, Raheem and Dre killing time. "You still haven't asked Aaliyah out yet?" Raheem asks "No" "Come on it's been three months since that fight with Stacey and you've been trinna get with her ever since" "This has to be the World record or something" Omar jokes "Imma ask her tomorrow at school" "Yeah right nigga you've been saying that for like five weeks. I feel like asking her for you" they continue to take the piss "Imma do it okay" "ERIC GET YOUR ASS IN THIS HOUSE RIGHT NOW!" I hear my mom shout at me from inside the house, causing the boys to laugh. "Shut the fuck up" I tell them as I walk inside hearing them make mama jokes.

"Yes?" I step in the kitchen to see a couple bags of weed placed on the breakfast table, both of my parents standing there looking mad as fuck. "Where did you get this from?" "I should ask you the same question" I respond "Your bedroom, so who you get this from?" My mom asks "It don't matter it pays the bills" "Hold up so this is what you do to get money. You told me you got a job!" She starts shouting "It is a job. I get money for it. Your ass wasn't complaining when y'all was odering Chinese and buying groceries and paying YOUR debts" my mother slaps me.

"Don't talk to me like that. This is the same shit your cousin was in he's gone now" "Well I ain't him" I declare "I'm making more money than the two of you put together. Mom you don't even have a job" "Eric don't talk to your mom that way" My dad finally chimes in "Why? What are you gonna do? You haven't done shit since we moved here nigga" "You better take that shit out of my house and if you don't like it then you better go with it" my mom continues.

"Give me back my money then" I hold my hand out and wait to see them both looking at me "Exactly cause you spent it" "You acting selfish" "Me selfish? That was my money. I worked for it. I wasn't being selfish when you was buying hair relaxer with MY money or when you brought Pat that new jacket with MY money or when..." "Okay" she cuts me off "So what else are you lying to us about? Do you even go to school?" "Yeah, they would have phoned you by now if I wasn't going" I respond "Are you in a gang too?" She asks and I stay silent "You are?" "Yeah" I announce "And your proud of that?" "Yeah, it feels good to be a gangsta" I spill.

"So you want to be a gangsta?" Dad asks "I am a gangsta" "So it feels good car jacking people, killing people..." "I haven't killed anyone yet" "Yet?" My mom questions "You know what I mean" "No. I don't know what you mean. I don't understand you anymore. You said you wasn't gonna ever be in a gang, but this one" "Mom, we aren't a gang. So do you want the rent paid around here or not?" I ask "Not by you. I don't want you doing that" I sigh and pick up the bags "Yeah, whatever" I say walking out of the house, obviously I'm going to continue to do what I have to do to make money.