wedding bells on. ..

Sumo's pov :

I woke up late today. .in addition, I didn't want my morning to happen. Though nanaji didn't anounced my wedding with Aditya  ,I was damn sure that everybody would be happy with it. Since nanaji ' s health was getting worse, he wanted me to be at safest hands. He believed Aditya and nirmala aunty would be perfect. Manju mami, she wanted to visit anuj bhaiya as soon as possible. hence, she would be expecting the wedding to happen so soon actually.

   There was nothing worse with Aditya and nirmala aunty. Infact, Aditya was a good friend. Nirmala aunty, I still confused about  how I gonna handle her with shravan. Above all, nobody  had a point  about my wish except shravan. again, he proved to be my bestie.

       There was a time when I long to express my love for him...even now, I love him very much. I  could hardly think a life  without him. I had waited for him for years, still waiting. But, I was done with him. Being a simple girl, I was tired to fight against his calm weapon and obviously with ramnath uncle's lawful predicament.

    For my family's uplift, I have to accept what nanu decides. After all, ramnath uncle too wanted this kind of decision from me. Yes. ..it would be good for shravan. .if he had a feeling for me, why he didn't oppose me. ..? Why he opted to be silent. .? Perhaps, uncle might be right. .He thought me to be a good friend of him. ..only friend. ..

  I hugged my parent's photo. Though I loved shravan,  I was unlucky to be his. ..I came through a novel that  he is the blessed one who marries his  lover .those lines were true indeed. Let me live a life that was not blessed. Am I gonna marry a guy whom I didn't love. ..will it continue till my death. .? Why this happens to me. .?  I left the pillow wet with my tears.

     My morning began with a threat to my peace. I started to do daily routines but unusually too quietly. I was expecting shravan s call desperately. He didn't called me so far. He might be angry with me. .I thought to call him. .at least, I could get some distraction.

" arey. ..nirmala ji  ayeae.  .."manju mami 's  excited voice made me to look up. I was not interested to welcome her like previous times. I just smiled at her.  Nanaji who was stepping down welcomed her with broad grin.

" Nirmala. ..I called you to talk about the wedding arrangements. .I wish to see my suman married soon. So, it could be a simple home bounded wedding. .what about tomorrow. .?it's an auspicious day. ..tell me after discussing with Aditya. ..that's why I called you so early. .."   nanu was to the point. .

  Everyone  was happy to hear the news. All were well and good okay   to have the wedding the next day  itself. My heart began to tick fast. Didn't I had enough time to accept. .?I wept silently. But to go with my unfortunate.

      Nirmala aunty accepted nanu 's request. So. ..the wedding would be by tomorrow. I confused with the happenings around me. I didn't had time to understand what happens in my life. I missed shravan all along. At least, he could bring peace in me. I hear nanu called the malhothras to invite. That's it. .i was finished.

    I hadn't heard from shravan or Aditya. The next day morning,
I saw shravan at Tiwari killa decorating the wedding mandap. I shattered inside. Will it happen anywhere in the world. .? a man decorating the wedding mandap for his girlfriend 's wedding with somebody. I had a disgusting look at shravan. ..He looked somewhere to avoid my gaze.

  I couldn't be alone to shed tears, as preethi was with me busy in preparing for the wedding. I got repetitive calls from Aditya. .i rejected his call for no reason. It was all happened. Hurriedly.. hastily....at superfast. .

      The wedding bells were on. ..the welcoming rituals done at traditional way. I saw Aditya to be restless. Surprisingly ,Shravan seemed to be damn cool. Malhothras were excited except kamini chachi. I felt a soared happiness with everyone.  I sighed with my fate. .

   We were at wedding mandap. The priest was performing the pooja. Seconds  passed to minutes. It was time to perform rituals. ..I  was sitting like a programmed robot,  looking earth. ..my eyes were ready to shed tears at anytime. I didn't had guts to see around. .

   Suddenly, Aditya stood up and removed his garland. He said politely yet strongly 

" I can't marry you...sorry sumo. ..I can't marry you. .."

Everyone stunned to hear his words. I looked up,  tears  dripped down from my cheeks. I only knew that those tears were came out of happiness.

" sorry sumo. ..I tried to speak with you....but..I couldn't .sorry for troubling you. .."

  He apologised all and left Tiwari killa. I saw nirmala aunty flabbergasted. She didn't know why he did this . she called him to tell the reason .but he was not available for the same.

  Everyone felt that I was undergoing a grief , when I locked myself into my room. But, the truth was that I confused with Aditya s decision. Anyhow, I could stay calm for some days  free from this kind of marriage proposals. I sighed with relief.

But, the news I heard the next morning gave me a blow  that was never expected. ..