Chapter 6

Chapter Six

Hot New Teacher

First day of school has arrived. It’s Senior Year!

 Louis Lockwood went to school wearing an Alexander McQueen cream-colored jacket and a black shirt underneath with black tight jeans and a shiny black supra.

He was brought to school by his dad. As he hopped out the car, he reminisced some of his moments during his high school years. Then, he turned around and waved his goodbyes to his dad.

“Have a great day,” his dad said.

“You too,” Louis responded. Then, he walked straight to the lobby entrance and saw students who were thrilled in seeing each other like they haven’t seen them for years. As he continue to walk down the hall, he saw Willie Hample, a nerdy eleventh grader who wears this huge glasses. His short wavy brown hair were comb properly. He never really changes because he always carry a math book with him: this time, that was a geometry book.

Willie greeted Louis and he greeted back.

“Well, it’s good to see you.” Willie quickly went to their first class but the bell has not rung yet.

“It’s good to see you, too!” Louis waved.

Louis went to his locker to put some things. As he was organizing his stuffs, someone touched his shoulders. “Louis?”

The voice was very familiar to him. He turned around to check if his guess on who it was was correct. In front of him stood a boy: a tall, lanky, Caucasian boy with a long dark messy hair wearing a dark-purple cardigan with a black V-neck underneath and a shiny-black fitted pants and a Converse shoes. 

“Travis!”

“Louis!”

Louis was so thrilled in seeing his best lad. They exchanged hugs and asked ‘how they have been?’

“You are even whiter, man,” Travis complimented.

“The weather is pretty much the same,” Louis explained.

As they were walking, Louis remembered the poster. He couldn’t resist to ask him about their missing leader, Edward. His tongue was really itchy to say it. “I’ve seen Edward’s ‘missing’ posters. I told you guys to give me update. Why didn’t you give me any?”

  Travis stopped and faced Louis, “how are we gonna give you updates if there aren’t any updates?”

 Louis turned silent for a second as both of them entered the classroom.

“No updates?” he whispered but Travis was already far from him to reply.

When he got inside, he immediately saw Richard Grayson and Ismail Ambani who were both seating on the arm chair and were surprised in seeing their friend back. They gave him a handshake and a hug.

Louis noticed how Richard’s wavy brown hair has been highlighted as well as Ismail’s long hair being trimmed. It was a sort of reunion for them as they hugged each other.

“Brill! You guys really had changed,” Louis complimented. He nudged Travis. “Just like what you said.”

“You looked amazing too,” Ismail said, “how was London?”

“Same,” Louis smiled and glanced at the students who were coming in, “you should all visit sometimes.”

“Did you learn something from that trip?” Richard asked.