Chapter 44

Chapter Forty-four

You Have Got To Be Kidding Me

The wind rushed inside the cabin making the atmosphere eerier, and the brightness of the moon was covered with thick clouds making the room darker. These elements combined with Richard, who froze in disbelief, standing in front of their archenemy was the perfect moment for the reveal. He was clueless on what was about to happen. Sweat started to roll down from his head and his hands got clammy as E was standing two feet behind the front doorway. E purposely dropped Jude's jacket and shut Brittany's phone.

"What have you done to them?" Richard bellowed. He couldn't see E's expression for it was covered with a ski mask. But he could feel that E was mad.

Richard analyzed E's proportions: E had a built, but maybe it was because of the thickness of the black overalls. The stance was man-like, so he was sure that E is a man.

E did not respond. He just twitched his head a little to the side and the other side. Then, E moved a little closer to him as if he was ready to attack.

Richard watched E's movement. Cleverly thinking, he quickly showed the diary before E could touch him. "I have what you need! Now give me Brittany!"

He thought of E bargaining Brittany first to him before surrendering the diary and the footage.

E suddenly burst into laughter. "You're not gonna fool me with your fake diary."

The unrecognizable lowness and distortion of E's voice freaked the hell out of Richard. He could talk? Of course he could, he's human! But his actions weren't. But how did he know it was a fake diary? Wait a second...

Suddenly, E jumped and ran outside.

Richard's mind was in turmoil about E's sudden fleeing. Suddenly, he heard a woman screamed. The voice was familiar. It was his girlfriend. After that, another person screamed. It was a man. The voice was also familiar. It was Jude.

Now both people were screaming.

"Brittany!" Richard started to run. When he was about to reach he doorframe, a body suddenly dropped from outside. It made him almost peed in his pants. "Holy shit! Jude!"

Jude looked like he was attacked or pushed. He was drenched with sweat and was terrified. He rapidly helped himself up. Richard watched him staggered his way inside to him.

"I think Brittany might be dead," Jude's lips were quivering. "What's happening?"

"No, no! That can't be!" Richard protested. He started emerging outside but Jude pulled him back.

"Are you nuts? The killer is outside!" Jude cried. "I saw what happened!"

"No!"

Jude shush him up. "Did you hear that?"

Richard sharpened his hearing. "Hear what?"

"SHH!" Jude turned around and walked slowly towards the door. He peeked outside for a second.

Richard waited. All he could hear was his heart palpitating. That gave him a massive perspiration.

Then, Jude glanced back at Richard. His scared face morphed into something sinister. Then, he proceeded walking outside.

"Where're you going?" Richard asked.

"Stay there. Don't move." Jude commanded.

Richard waited for two seconds. Then, he heard something. A thump. The sound came from upstairs. Then, another sound came. It was something being dragged on the granite floor. He got curious on what it was. Then, he saw a slouchy shadow figure getting nearer on the doorstep. Suddenly, out came Jude pulling a body.