Chapter 20

Chapter Twenty

The Bloody Social Network

With all the murders that had happened, Louis Lockwood was having a trouble going to sleep, so he decided to get up, removed the blanket that was wrapped around to his legs and got off the bed. He emerged to his window to see if someone was spying on him. A gust of wind ran through and that eerie feeling made his bones quiver up to his spine. When he saw no one, he locked his windows and untied his dark blue satin curtains. Then, he went to his laptop on his study table. It was on sleep mode. Then, he logged in on his Facebook account. He enjoyed checking his newsfeed and notifications for six minutes. All of sudden, Malcolm Schmidt popped out on chat.

Hello :) :) :), Malcolm sent.

Louis thought that maybe this was good in making him awake, so he responded.  Hi!

Wanna join the drama club? J, Malcolm chatted back.

“Hello no,” Louis chuckled with himself. Then, he typed for his reply. LOL, I’ll think about it!

It’ll be fun. XD, Malcolm replied. 

I know! LMFAO, Louis replied as he rolled his eyes.

Malcolm did not reply but he was still online. Louis thought that maybe Malcolm was busy inviting others, so he just ignored it.

Suddenly, Claire Summers popped out from another chatbox.

LOU! What happened? How are you? <3

Louis’s blood rose. He quickly typed on his keyboard. I’m fine. So sorry I haven’t entertained you at  school. I was busy handling things. I <3 u.

It’s OK. I know! I love u 2! Mwwaaaahh! 

Ten minutes later, Louis refreshed his homepage. On the very top of his newsfeed, Malcolm posted a status update. “I’m gonna die tonight!”

At first glance, Louis thought that it might just be a figurative speech since Malcolm was very theatrical. Seconds later, he reloaded the page again and Malcolm’s post got thirteen likes so far.

Then, Malcolm’s chatbox reappeared:

Tired with dramas! I wanna be popular. How about making a bloody-slasher movie? –E

Louis’s eyes widened as well as his mouth. Is this for real? Did the E that was stalking him and his friends from the past few days was the drama club president? Is Malcolm E?

 Before he was about to type his reply on Malcolm’s message, a notification suddenly popped out on the notification button: Louis was been tagged on a video clip made by Malcolm.

 Curious, he clicked the notification and out came the interface of the video. He plugged his ear buds on. The thumbnail of the video clip was black. He started the video.

 The footage started with Malcolm bounded on a chair.

 "Please! Don’t do this!” Malcolm begged to someone who was holding the camera.

The video was wobbling and Malcolm was crying.

Is this for real? As Louis was watching, he got so scared and was tightly holding the mouse as if he was about to crush it.

Then, still on the footage, the camera was placed on the bed to make a better angle. All of a sudden, a man in a black clothing and black ski mask – who was holding the camera – appeared in front of the video. The man in the video bragged his shiny knife and pointed it to Malcolm.

Malcolm started yelling for help. “Please!”

Suddenly, the man drew the knife on Malcolm’s chest and stabbed him repeatedly until he dies. Malcolm’s blood were exploding on the lens of the camera.

The man in the black hoodie grabbed the camera and zoom it to the lifeless Malcolm and the clip ended. After that, Malcolm’s profile was turned Offline.

Louis covered his mouth and was really terrified. “Holy shit! This is for real!”

He was about to get an anxiety attack, no – he was getting an anxiety attack. He quickly grabbed his phone and called 911.

Then, he heard speeding police vehicles and ambulances from afar with their sirens wailing.

They might be on their way. He thought.

He grabbed his phone rang his friends. He realized that the man in Malcolm’s house was the black hooded person that they had almost hit before the disappearance of Edward Lawson occurred. He thought that the man was also the one he saw lurking on the trees on the other side of the street during the night Edward’s body was found. With that, he had confirmed that their stalker and the killer was truly one person and the name was none other than E.