Chapter 34

Chapter Thirty-four

The Jerk’s Game

Ismail and his squad entered the field holding MH’s banner and opened the event as they danced a Lady Gaga song.

People started cheering and dancing in the bleachers. Ismail’s crew were totally on the edge. The guest cheering squad from River Blake High School performed as well and the event turned out to be a dance off.

As they wrapped it up, all of the football players entered the field starting from Home to Guest. Everyone in the field kept cheering and got pumped up.

Then,the game started with a  toss coin to determine which team will begin to kick off the game and which team will defend. People started to cool down.

Mapleton High Cougars were the offense while River Blake High Cheetahs were the defense. Since the Cougars were the offense, Richard’s position was changed into Fullback. They were given 15 minutes for every quarter.

Richard glimpsed both at Ismail and Travis, as well as the vicinity of the field. He saw Brittany Schoenfield blew a flying kiss to him. He smiled and nodded.

“Grayson!” Jude O’Brien caught Richard’s attention, “get your head in the game!”

Richard nodded and he positioned himself ready to tackle. Then, a loud honk honked which means Let the Game Begin.

Meanwhile, Louis went back to the bleachers where Claire was sitting at. Claire held Louis’s hand as if she was asking through her eyes what happened.

Louis just smiled and turned his attention to the game. Then, he wandered his eyes around to see if there was anyone acting suspicious. He waited for E’s text to arrive.

He saw Travis trying to catch his attention. Travis signalled if there were texts from E yet.

Louis shook his head no.

He felt his body throbbing for his BlackBerry was vibrating. He pulled his phone out and opened his inbox. It was from E:

Do you have everything?

Louis typed “Yes” on his keypad. He clicked Send.

Suddenly, he thought something in his mind. How did E know that it was him meeting him? Then, everybody on the bleachers stood up and cheered because the Cougars scored. Thanks to Jude O’Brien having it touchdown.

Louis was left sitting and didn’t know that his school had scored when E replied demandingly:

Janitor’s closet. NOW!

Louis’ nerves pumped up.

“Stay here!” Louis loudly said at Claire.

“What?” Claire asked as she covered her right ear and pointed her left ear to Louis.

“I Need To Go Back To The Main Building,” Louis shouted battling the human cheer. “I Forgot Something In My Locker.”

Then he stood up ready to leave, “Just Update Me About The Game, Okay?” Louis kissed Claire on the lips and quickly fled.

Claire was so curious why Louis always having a frequent leave. She thought of following his boyfriend but she hesitated.

Meanwhile, Travis spotted Claire alone. He tried catching her attention by waving his hands. Luckily, Claire spotted him.

Travis signalled if where Louis was.

Claire lifted her hands in the air referring that she does not know.

Travis’ nodded and returned to his squad.

Claire was more curious and then, everyone on the bleachers stood up again and cheered because of another touchdown. Thanks to the Fullback of the Cougars, Richard Grayson.

Travis approached Ismail who was talking with Jade. He borrowed him for a while.

            “I think Louis might have gone to the school.” He whispered.

Ismail turned around. “Are you suggesting that we need to follow him now?”

Travis

nodded.

Ismail hesitated to back Louis up because they were still having an intermission number. “We should go after the half-time. We can’t just leave the game. We have an intermission after the second quarter.”

Furon Sylvester

approached them. “Is there a problem?”

Ismail faked his smile and shook his head no. None of your business, dick!

“Will you take the lead after our intermission?” Travis interfered.

Ismail glared at him. Suddenly, the adversary scored and the cheerleaders from the adversary cheered. Then, a loud honk honked which mean the first quarter ended.

 “Sure,” Furon reluctantly agreed.

Travis looked at Ismail and tapped his shoulders. “It will be fine.”

Meanwhile, Louis entered the main building. He thought that no one was inside the school but the lights were still on.

His eyes wandered around catching something or anything suspicious. He did left something in his locker, though.

When he reached his locker, the lights flickered as if they were purposely being switched on and off. And then, he heard Claire calling his name.

Louis raced to her. “What are you doing here? I told you to stay.”

Claire crossed her arms, raised her left eyebrow and returned the question to Louis. “No, what are you doing here?” Claire started to interrogate Louis.

Louis could not help himself with his uber curious girlfriend. “Okay! I’m going to meet my stalker!”

Claire was quite fascinated. “Can I meet him... or her too?”

“NO!” Louis cried. “It’s too risky.”

Suddenly, out came Mr. Brent Jones pushing Clint Whitman out from his classroom. He saw Louis and Claire. “What are you doing here, Lockwood and Summers? Shouldn’t you suppose to be watching the game?”

“We were!” Louis spat. “I just came by to get something in my locker.”

Mr. Jones and Clint exchanged looks.

“I should get going, Sir.” Clint said. “Thank you.” Clint drove and winked at Louis.

Brent remembered that Louis was Travis’s best friend. “By the way, Mr. Lockwood, have you seen, Travis Becker?”

“Yeah,” Louis replied, “he’s on the field: cheerleading!”

“Oh, will you please tell him that he needed to report to me after the game?” Brent asked although it was not really what he wanted to.

“Sure thing Mr. Jones,” Louis replied.

Then, Brent headed out to watch the game.

Louis was relieved when Brent exited the main building. Then, he started walking as well and Claire followed him. They headed to the janitor’s closet. Claire paused for a moment. “Seriously, where going there?”

 Louis glared at Claire, “I’m way beyond serious, Claire. I told you shouldn’t have come.” Then, Louis started entering the room.

“No. I’m just kidding,” Claire said as she entered the room. They switched on the lights. There was only one fluorescent bulb hanging in the middle and it was not that bright to illuminate the entire room. The room was filled with filthy cleaning materials placed on shelves. It was really creepy inside.