Chapter 25

Chapter Twenty-five

So Close

“Hey!” Claire Summers surprised Louis.

Louis got startled when his girlfriend jumped beside him just as he shut his locker after grabbing a textbook for his next class.

Claire’s blonde hair glowed as if she had magic glowing hair due to the sunlight that was going through the school window illuminating her hair.

“Blimey! You gave me a fright!” Louis touched his chest.

            Claire giggled. “Is that really how British talks?” Claire flirted with her long lashes. “Suddenly, you’re sounding like Harry Potter.”

            Then, they both laughed.

“Are you free this afternoon?” she sheepishly asked as she was swaying her body a little. She even slit back a tiny strand of her hair to her left ear using her left index finger.

“I am,” Louis answered, “why?”

Claire walked her right index finger and middle finger on Louis’s chest, “Well... I was thinking if you could come over to my house and... tutor me?”

Louis bit his lips and was quite tempted. “Sure, it’s a date.”

Then, his attention was caught when Clint Whitman was driving his wheelchair on the hallway ten feet behind Claire.

Clint was giving Louis a straight stare. Their looks were glued to each other.

Claire turned around and saw Clint. She glanced at Clint and looked back at Louis.

After Clint passed by, Claire agreed on what Jade had told them in the cafeteria about Clint. “Louis?”

“Yeah?” Louis snapped.

“I think we should get to class.” She suggested and held his hand.

Louis felt the softness and the temperature of Claire’s hands. “That’s cool!” He wanted Claire so badly and made his whole body throbbed.

Hold on, it wasn’t his body but it was his Blackberry inside his Lacoste jacket. He was a bit tinkled by it because his phone kept on buzzing.

“Hold on a sec.” He pulled out his phone from his pocket and pressed Read on the keypad.

“Come on,” Claire pulled him. “We’re gonna be late.”

 While walking, he immediately stopped as he read the text message:

Looking for answers? Talk to Wad Rosenwald. Reply Yes and I will give you the address, if No, I won’t give a damn. –E

Louis squinted and read the text message couple of times. He was thinking why. Was E helping them now? Maybe this is a trap, isn’t it?

“You okay?” Claire asked.

Louis quickly nodded resumed in walking. Then, he typed YES on his keypad and sent it to E. Louis thought if he was being lured or something. However, he also thought in giving it a shot.

“Grayson!" Coach Justin McIvor called. “Focus!”

That afternoon, Richard Grayson was with his team on the field practicing for their upcoming Football game on Friday. Stressed out, he was not that concentrated in practicing.

Jude O’Brien

yelled at him and told him to sit down. Richard glared at him implying that he does not want to sit.