Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

Goosebumps Came Rushing

After knowing that their best friend/leader, Edward Lawson, was dead, Richard Grayson was so upset and was so frustrated in wondering why their friend died and who might have killed him. To ease his grievances, he went to the Toby’s Coffee the next morning to meet with Brittany Schoenfield.

“I’m really sorry about your loss, Rich,” Brittany reached her condolences.

Richard nodded in reply. Once he got to the counter to order, he saw the store clerk removing the “Missing” poster with Edward’s image on it. Then, the clerk attended to his order after throwing the poster to the trash bin.

When he was already seated, he looked very defeated and Brittany was feeling kind of awkward.

“Do you think you need to pull yourself together first? Do you want to take a rest? It’s totally fine with me,” Brittany looked beautiful with her chic purple dress with her hair curled but that doesn’t seemed to catch Richard’s attention.

Richard was looking nowhere as he took a sip on his cup. Suddenly, his iPhone beeped and vibrated which snapped him back to reality. Before tapping Open, he second guessed if it was his stalker or not. But he had no choice, so he tapped Open. Then, he silently read the message.

“Who is it?”

“It’s Edward’s mom,” showing his iPhone to Brittany, “she invited me to attend the funeral wake this Sunday at three.”

“Then, you should come,” Brittany suggested as she was twirled her blond hair. But she was not flirting, she only slightly flipped her hair back as she twirled it.

Richard assumed that Louis, Travis and Ismail were going as well. He swigged on his black coffee for like two seconds. Then, he put down his cup with a force. “I wanna know who the asshole is.”

“We should just leave it all to the detectives,” Brittany touched his right arm. She felt Richard’s cotton-like knitted sweater.

Richard brushed his face up to his messy light-brown hair using both his hands. He suddenly felt like peeing. “I’m gonna pee, stay here for a while, babe.”

“Did you just call me ‘babe’?”

Richard turned to her and grinned. Then, he headed to the comfort room.

Brittany started to blush as she glanced at the glass window looking at the people outside.

While Richard was peeing, he heard someone went in. Of course, he ignored it. When the person left, he slammed the bathroom door which startled Richard a little. After peeing, he went to the sink to wash his hands, dry it up, and fix his hair. Suddenly, his iPhone beeped and vibrated again in his pocket. One New Message was written on the screen of his iPhone. He tapped his screen and opened the message.

See you at the funeral, Rich. –E

WTF?! Suddenly, a flush from the third cubicle emerged. No one had entered the bathroom after the guy who slammed the door but if there was, he could have heard its footsteps or even might see its shadows. And he thought that he was alone in the bathroom, or not?

“Hello?” Freaked out, he moved closer to the cubicle. “Is there someone there?”

No responded.

He tried to move the door open using the tip of his fingers but it was locked. He pressed his palms and it confirmed that it was really locked. The cubicle door was tall, so he wouldn’t be able to see who was peeing. He knocked at the door but no one responded back. Then, he felt that something was really wrong. He took a deep breath and let all his powers in his body. Then… he kicked the door of the cubicle like a martial artists. When the cubicle swung open, no one was inside. It was completely empty. Instead, there was a piece of paper attached on the wall of the cubicle. He grabbed the paper and there was something written on it using black marker: