Chapter 50

Chapter Fifty

The Innocent Man

The Lockwood family went to a French restaurant in Mapleton. They haven't done this since coming back from United Kingdom. James Lockwood personally chose the French restaurant since he is of French origin.

Louis's family headed inside as they were escorted by a well-groomed male waiter who spoke to them in French. Louis admired how very posh the ambiance was. The lightings were perfect. The waiters were charming and welcoming. Once they got to their elegant round table, the plates and utensils were ready. The waiter removed the "reserve" sign.

James escorted his wife on her chair like a true gentleman.

He and his boys sat down. One waiter poured water on their glasses.

"Merci," Martha said.

The waiter who escorted them offered them the menu. Louis scanned on the menu. He was blown away with the price of the foods. It cost an arm and leg. Then, he noticed Jonah playing obliterating aliens on his PSP, so he decided to give him a little step on his feet.

"What?" Jonah spat.

"You, dufus," Louis gave him a look and beckoned on the PSP.

"Jonah," James called his attention. "Put that down."

Jonah twitched his lips and put his PSP back in his bag. Louis giggled as he rolled his eyes. Jonah got annoyed and nudged Louis.

"Lads," Martha Lockwood cried. "Manners."

James called the waiter for their orders. He talked to him in French. He stated the foods that were hard to pronounce especially if you haven't took French class.

Then, their orders arrived. The presentation were really outstanding. Louis looked at it in astonishment. James inhaled the aroma of the Roasted Chicken and Garlic which made him even more excited.

Then, they were first served with Soupe à L'oignon. Louis dipped his spoon and plunged it to the thickness of its golden crust. He found it delicious after seeping it.

"J'adore," James said. Then, he took a slice of the roasted chicken and ate it. He slowly shut his eyes as if it was the best food in the entire world. "The tenderness and juiciness is to die for. Honey, take some."

"I will," Martha said. "This beef stew is really delicious, darling."

Then, the waiter offered them red wine.

"Yes, please," Martha said.

Their dining made it more heavenly with the French music playing at the background. Louis was about to bite a piece of chicken meat when his BlackBerry started tinkling. It caught his parents' attention. Louis reached to his pocket to silent his phone.

Then, it tinkled again.

Louis glimpsed again at his phone. The caller ID says UNKNOWN.

"I'm sorry. I have to take this."

Louis went outside the restaurant and started answering his phone. "Hello?"

"Louis Lockwood?" a female voice.

Louis walked out the door. "Uh... yes?"

"This is Mrs. Hamilton. Quentin's mom."

"Mrs.Hamilton, hi!" Louis confusedly answered. "What's going on?"

"Louis," Mrs. Hamilton said from the other end, "Will you please come over? We wanted to talk to you. The MPD are here."

"Um?" Louis hesitated. He looked back at his family through the one-way glass of the restaurant. He got worried after hearing Mrs. Hamilton saying that the police wanted to talk to him.