Chapter 24

Chapter Twenty-four

Secrecy Indeed

At lunch, Travis Becker had finished ordering his meals and went to find a table to eat. He saw his friends with their girlfriends, Richard and Brittany, Louis and Claire, and the new couple Ismail and Jade. It was kind of awkward for him to join them because he has no date. Although, it was not really a date, it just so happened that they were eating lunch with their girlies. He saw another table where Steve McLaggen was seating with the other cheerleaders. He thought of seating there, but suddenly...

            "Travis," Louis called him from there table, "come join us!"

            Richard offered an extra seat for Travis. Travis smiled at the girls and placed his tray with guacamole and orange juice on the table right next to Richard.  

"You looked so lonely," Jade asked as she seductively bit her lip, "are you single? Do you want me to find you one?"

Ismail, Richard, and Louis exchanged looks.

"She's right," Brittany added, "why not flaunt your handsomeness?"

Travis blushed by the complements that he had heard. He brushed his brunette hair back with his right hand. It was sort of awkward for him because his friends do not know that he's gay. "Hate to break it to you girls, but I'm..." Suddenly, he paused and thinking what he will say. Will he say that he's gay? Will he confess?

 "What?" Jade was curious, "you're what?"

Travis stunned. A sweat rolled from his head. His world was suddenly rounding up the six people on the table. "aahh..." Travis somehow could not utter a word.

"Are you gay?" Jade assumingly asked. All eyes were on Travis.

Travis eyes widened. What the hell? Oh my, what am I gonna say? "No, I'm not!"

"So," Claire asked, "you're what?"

"I'm... unavailable!" Travis snapped without processing his thoughts. "Yeah, I'm unavailable."

His statement made Claire, Brittany and Jade laughed. "Is that true?" Claire turned to Louis. "Well, I have someone in store for you."

Richard felt that Travis was quite nervous. He knew that Travis never had a girl before. But in order for Travis to not be questioned, he covered Travis. "Yeah," Richard jumped in, "We've---aahh, been helping Travis to find his love one. Right, Travis. Right, guys?"

"He's unavailable and you're helping him to find a love one?" Jade was lost. "I don't get it. Which is which?" Ismail just giggled beside Jade.

Travis gave Richard a look.

Louis felt Richard was trying to cover up their best friend, so he nodded. "Yeah, he had better taste than us."

The girls got insulted. "Oh," Claire responded as her left eyebrow rose, "so you're saying that your taste with us was bad?"

"Definitely, not!" Louis defended thinking that he made a wrong move, "I mean, he has different taste: more exotic?"

The girls exchanged looks. "Exotic?" Brittany repeated as she glanced at Travis.

 Ismail started to feel his friends covering up their friend. He started giggling and he wrapped his arms around Jade.

Travis made a huge smile, "I like Exotic girls." With that, Travis felt like his body vibrated. As if he was pumped up. But wait, he started hearing a sound. It was getting louder. The excitement wasn't in his body, but in his bag that was placed on his body. Travis HTC was chiming and vibrating. Travis took out his phone and tapped Read:

Why not let Mr. Jones eat on your table so that you won't feel left out. –E

Travis expression changed as if he had seen a ghost on his phone.

Ismail, Richard, and Louis noticed Travis. Travis looked at them. Suddenly, his eyes were caught behind them for he saw Mr. Jones walking inside the cafeteria.

"Silence alert," Jade teased.

Brittany was quizzically looking at the guys, "what's up you boys?"

"Nothing," Ismail answered.

Travis shoved his phone back in his backpack. "It's from my mom."

Meanwhile, Clint Whitman was looking for a table to eat when his wheels hit the chair of Furon Sylvester's with the other cheerleaders where Steve McLaggen was sitting. The tray with the tacos on slipped from Clint's lap and dropped on Furon's black new Converse All-Star shoes.

"My new shoes!" Furon said in a high-pitch Negro voice. Furon went angry, "look at where yo driving at, moron!"

"I'm really sorry," Clint apologized got upset when he saw his cheesy tacos sprawled on Furon's shoes and on floor.

"Waz yo problem-o cripp-o?" Furon stood up looking straight down at Clint.

Louis went to the scene to rescue Clint. "He didn't mean to bump on your chair."

Furon's wide eyes just got wider. "Look whose here? Harry Emo-Pott-aahh came to rescue cripp-o!"

Some cheerleaders laughed.

 "Why you gotta be so mean, Furon?" Louis said, "it's just a small bumped."

Furon glared at Louis.

"If I really was Harry Potter, I would make you into a frog for being mean because brother, you looked like a frog," Louis taunted.

Ooohhh.

The cheerleaders cried as if a rap battle was about to start.

Furon felt humiliated. Then he sat and glanced at his co-dancers. He gave Steve a glare who started the Oohhh thing. "Grab me a tissue." Steve gave Furon a tissue and he wiped it on his new shoe.

"That guy's a jerkball," Ismail said to Jade, "that's why I hate him. Jade looked at Furon and turned back as she wrapped her arms around Ismail left arm.

Louis helped Clint to drive his wheelchair and gave his cheesy tacos which he hasn't touched. Clint refused to have Louis's tacos and he pushed Louis away. Then, he drove away from them. Louis was confused. "Bloody hell?"

"Just let him go," Ismail stared at Clint, "he does not deserve to be helped with that kind of attitude."

Jade rolled her eyes and said "whatta cripp-o".

Claire laughed as Brittany nudged Jade. "Be nice, Jade."

Jade rolled her eyes again, "I don't get why disabled people are full of pride when they are being helped?"

"Babe," Ismail responded, "You already answered your question." Jade realized that she did.

To ease things up, Richard initiated to eat Louis's tacos since Clint doesn't want it. And they all continue with their conversation.