Chapter 45

Chapter Forty-five

True Samurais are Shining Through

LouisLockwood and Claire Summers went back to the room where SebastianPetroff's body was lying. Sebastian's corpse grossed out the couple. His abdomen was ripped open and his insides were spewing out.

Louis was disgusted, but he doesn't want to show his disgust in front of Claire.

"That gatecrasher sure is sick!" The smell of the body nauseated Claire. She felt really uneasy. She was totally scared of what was happening.

"Gatecrashers are uninvited," Louis interrupted. "What if our gatecrasher isn't a gatecrasher at all?"

Claire squinted. "You mean he's in the party all the time? Like, he's a student or something?"

Louis nodded.

Then, he resumed his sleuthing activity: tapping the walls to see if there were more secret hallways – although it was distracting sight-seeing a dead body.

"Lou," Claire called. "We're not gonna find anything here. Let's go now."

"It'll just take a second."

"It doesn't feel right in here," she intuited. "If a killer is on the loose, which clearly he is, we should have never stayed!"

Louis ignored her and continued searching for clues.

"Could we please go home and not sleuth around anymore?" She whined. "I mean, why did we even head back here? Why can't we just call the cops?"

Suddenly...

BANG!

Louis jumped. He glanced at Claire to see what happened. She was not standing at to where he saw her last, instead, she was near the wall. To his surprise, Claire looked stunned. Some of her hair curtained her face. A red spot stained her left bosom and started spreading on her top.

"Louis..." Claire's eyes watered. She then gently fell to the ground.

"CLAIRE!" He rushed to her without even noticing where the shot came from. He sat next to her, carried her head, and covered the blood oozing out from heart. "No, Claire... no! Oh, God please, no! Stay with me! Stay with me!"

Then, someone walked in. Louis' heart took a short pause, then the next beat was a strong thump. Louis recognized through his peripheral vision the man wearing baggy jeans and a supra. He walked as if he was opening a slow runway show.

Louis looked up and saw who it was. His grieving looks were in turmoil upon seeing the man who shot his girl. Standing before him was a five foot nine Black-American looking hippy. A sick rictus smiled formed on his thick lips as he aimed the gun to him.

"You," Louis' voice trembled.

It was Furon Sylvester. "BOOYA! The cops never make it on time. Now, get up! MOVE!"

Louis followed his commands. As he stood up, he tried thinking of a way to flee, but his brain was too scared to cooperate. The futility of the moment made him helpless. He was left with nothing.

"You bloody-wicked filthy bitch!" His anger made his English-accent really strong.

"Thank you!" Furon mocked Louis in a British accent. "Thank you very much!"

Louis rushed to Furon but before he could touch him, Furon pointed him the Beretta M9.

"Don't even think about it," Furon walked towards him at a gunpoint. "I'mma bust a cap in your ass, white boy!"