Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

That Stalker is Sick

During that afternoon, Richard Grayson was in the library researching. He definitely needed extra credits for him to stay in the football team.  

Mapleton High’s library is huge and there are lots of six-foot tall shelves. The shelves are divided vertically and horizontally as if they were dominos.

Richard was in the Literary Section at the end part of the library. In fact, he was all by himself. It was quiet: a kind of silence where someone will feel weird and freaky. But Richard was a brave dude, so he just ignored the sound of silence and continued scanning for books. When he was at the last shelf, almost near at the end hall, the fluorescent lamps started flickering.

 He glanced at the flickering lights. He thought that the bulb were old. Then, out from nowhere, Willie Hample, appeared at the Geometry Section right in front of the Literary Section. Richard was startled. Willie gave him a gaze for a second then, he went back to what he was doing. He seemed to act weird.

Richard returned one of the books that he was reading on the shelf. When he looked back at where Willie was standing at, he was gone.

Then, he grabbed another book from the shelf.

“Holy shit!” Richard jumped to fright because there was a girl who just appeared on the other side of the bookshelf. However, this girl was not the kind of girl that anyone should be afraid of. The girl even got startled by Richard.

She is Brittany Schoenfield, his classmate in AP Biology. She was wearing a purple tank top perfect enough to fit her slim body. Her hair is straight long, blond and silky. Her bangs are fully cut straight. Richard thought that she had a beautiful pair of blue eyes as it matches her curled up lashes bathe.

Richard was quite mesmerized with her feature.

“You kinda scared me,” he whispered.

“Sorry,” Brittany said softly. “You kinda scared me too!”

That was when they started to converse. They really had a nice talk. Somehow, Richard seemed to flirted with her and after researching, Richard invited Brittany if they could walk their way out together. Brittany reluctantly agreed.

“So...,” Richard shyly spoke as he was stretching his blue cardigan.

“So...,” Brittany repeated as she was grinning.

Richard bit his lips and was feeling awkward but he shouldn’t be because he is popular.

 Brittany was feeling awkward as well and she started to utter something. “Ismail is your friend right?”

 Yeah,” Richard smiled. They stopped at another shelf. “He’s pretty cool, eh?”

“He is,” Brittany nodded, “but, um...”

 “What’s wrong,” he sensed something.

“I saw Ismail being sent to detention due to a fight with a junior,” Brittany quickly spoke.

“What? How? Who? Why?” Richard got worried about Ismail.

“Okay?” Brittany stopped him, “plenty of question much?” Then, she told the back story. She didn’t exactly detail it all. What she told him was what she saw and heard.

After listening to the story, Richard remembered that he will be having a football meeting, so he jumped in asking Brittany’s number.

Brittany blushed and gave her number. After that, they parted ways. Brittany gave Richard a seductive-goodbye look. Richard smiled as if he was tempted. Then, he looked at his wristwatch and he saw the time: he was late, so he quickly rushed his way to the men’s locker room.