Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty-one

Is This E or Is This Not?

Later that night, Richard Grayson rushed to the police station after his best friend, Louis Lockwood, told him about the recent murder When he arrived at the parking lot, his iPhone suddenly buzzed. He quickly shoved his hand to his pocket and grabbed his iPhone. He tapped Read.

I think I’m giving up. –E

“What?” Richard whispered as he got out the van. Then, he saw Ismail and Travis walking towards him holding their phones.           

“Did you receive the same?” Ismail asked as he wagged his SideKick.           

Richard nodded, “he just gave up.”           

“It’s too easy for him to give up,” Travis answered.

Then, they all head inside the station.

Louis Lockwood was already there and was being interviewed. He also received E’s message while he was being interviewed by Officer Adam Shay but he shoved his phone back to his pocket. Then, he continued explaining what happened while he was chatting with Malcolm. At the corner of his eye, he saw his friends, Travis, Richard, and Ismail, walking towards them.           

Officer Adam Shay’s head shot up as he saw his future-step-son walked in. “What are you doing here, Travis? It’s too late.”           

“Louis is my friend,” Travis answered, “I need to be here.”           

“This is none of your business,” Officer Shay said.           

“This is definitely my business,” Travis angrily corrected.           

Officer Shay silently sighed. He was quite embarrassed with the manners of his soon-to-be-step-son. Then, he turned back to Louis. “I think we have one of the killers here. Follow me.”

“One of the killers?” Louis clarified.

Officer Shay led the way. When they reached the detention cell, all their jaw instantly dropped. Quentin Hamilton? The four were dumbfounded upon seeing Quentin Hamilton behind bars, especially Louis.

Quentin saw Louis and he called him and asked him to believe that he’s innocent.           

“Quentin is E?” Louis whispered to himself.            

“I’m sorry?” Officer Shay clarified.           

Louis did not respond since he was stunned. He couldn’t believe that his friend was behind all of the things that had happened.           

“Louis! Please believe me!” Quentin begged as he was gripping on the metal bars.

“What makes you sure that he’s the killer?” Richard asked.           

“He was found in his house holding a murder weapon with a dead girl beside her,” Officer Shay replied.

“What?” Louis was shocked. “Jenna? Jenna Lucas?”

Officer Shay calmly nodded. “The girl was brutally stabbed in the mouth. That guy was also found holding a handful of the girl’s hair.”

“That emo is demented,” Travis said.