Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

Who the Hell is E?

The day of Edward’s funeral has arrived. The church was filled with families, relatives and friends of the Lawson’s family. There were plenty of mourners: even kids who Edward used to just pass by the hallway and kids whom he did not look twice at still paid respect and attended. This was because of Edward’s popularity and influence. Numerous cops were scattered around the vicinity of the church as ordered by Ms. Lawson.

Out of Edward’s four best friends, Richard was the first one to arrive. He was looking handsome with his black Dolce and Gabanna coat and black polo underneath with a shiny black tie. Even though he took so much time perfecting his pompadour hairdo, Richard still managed to be early.

He seated on the front row which made him feel uncomfortable but he has to because Ms. Lawson reserved the long seat for Edward’s best buddies. While he was at front, he kept looking behind to see of his friends had already arrived. Every five seconds, he glimpsed on his iPhone to see if they had responded to his text. Five minutes had passed and his friends weren’t in the church yet, so he texted them again to be quick as possible.

 “Richard,” a girl’s voice called who was standing beside him.

 “Oh hey, Abby,” Richard straightened up as he greeted Edward’s sister, Abigail. She was wearing a cute black Anna Sui cocktail dress with a black stockings and a black tiny feathery-top hat hairclip. Even though it was a solemn moment for her, she still managed to look cute and stellar.

“Where are Louis, Ismail and Travis?"

“They are on their way.” Richard was stunned by her look. “Wow, Abby. You looked stunning.”

Abigail flaunted her dress a little with and tiny spin. The feather that was attached on her tiny top hat hairclip followed her movement.

“You too! You looked handsome.” Then, she saw her relatives arrived. “Just a sec, Rich. Need to check in with my relatives.”

“Sure,” Richard squeaked but he really wished for Abigail to have stayed for company. He was really feeling lonely. Where the heck are they? He thought.

“Thank you so much for coming Richard.” Abigail said.

“Sure thing,” Richard smiled as he watched Abigail walked towards her relatives. Ms. Lawson was also there welcoming their relatives. She led them to their seats as if there was a party going on.

Richard looked around for a moment as he internalized the beauty of the church. He quickly got bored, so he thought of an idea to have a quick glance in the coffin that was placed on the altar. Since the altar was wide enough, he observed the mourners grieving for Edward. Without further ado, he decided to go to the altar to see Edward’s corpse.

Richard was so nervous to look at his dead best friend. As he looked in the coffin, he was somehow amazed but his amazement was different. Upon seeing Edward’s face, he thought that Edward was still handsome even if he’s dead. Edward’s porcelain skin glowed because it complemented with what he was wearing: a velvety black coat with a cream polo inside tied with a satin black necktie. His rosy lips were shut softly and his hands were resting firmly on his diaphragm.

A tear rolled from Richard’s left eye. He was not expecting that to come but it just happened.

While he was having a moment, someone suddenly touched his left shoulder and when he turned around, it was Louis along with Ismail. Finally!

“Hey,” Richard wiped a tear and smiled as if nothing had happened.

Louis and Ismail both peeked in the coffin. They also felt the same. Edward was really important to them. Seeing him lying on that casket was a huge bummer.