Chapter 36

Chapter Thirty-six

And Then It Comes To the Party

Back at the game during the fourth quarter, the score was tied-up with 36-36 and there was only 5 minutes left to determine who will be this season’s winner. The match was heating up between the Cougars and the Cheetahs.

Students, teachers and supporters of Mapleton High Cougars were biting their nails. Thirty seconds left. The Cheetahs still has the ball. Cougars were gaining on their opponent. The time was still running!

Then, only Eleven seconds were left.

Richard Grayson luckily grabbed the ball and started kicking it. A huge gasp entered as he kicked the ball thinking if it might not get through the goalpost or it might score.

Then...

It SCORED!

The ball got through the goalpost; it ended in 39-36 with the remaining time of seven seconds which led the Cougars to victory.

The cougar fans celebrated. Drum and lyre started to play again. Confetti’s showered everywhere and the cheerleaders gathered on the field to congratulate their team.

Coach Justin McIvor was so proud of his team and the coach from the adversary showed his sportsmanship through handshake.

Richard’s teammates carry him as he held the trophy triumphantly. Jude hugged him and told him that they made it. Brittany jumped at Richard and kissed him. Ismail and Travis approached Richard and they hugged. Louis came and congratulated his best friend and rejoined group hug. Everyone continued celebrating.

“Victory party at my Lake house, tonight!” Jude announced in the microphone. Everybody shouted and screamed for joy.

Albert Grayson and Shanna Grayson were so proud of their son. Albert gave his son a huge hug. Shanna kissed Richard on his forehead although it was still sweaty.

“Can I come to the party?” Richard asked for his parent’s permission.

“Sure you can,” Shanna said.

“Just be careful, my son,” Albert said and he hugged his son again.

Richard hugged back and Shanna joined them.

“You should be there,” Albert added. “You’re the star!”

Richardwas so happy. “Thanks mom and dad! I love you, guys!”

Everyone was still celebrating the victory. Of course the adversary was devastated. Who wouldn’t be?

Parents of the football players were congratulating their sons. Faculty members were congratulating Coach McIvor as well. Coach McIvor became an instant star and had his fifteen-minutes-of-fame.

Meanwhile, Claire Summers was so happy about their school victory. She hugged Louis tightly. “Are you going at the party?”

“Of course,” Louis said. Then, he smiled and quickly jumped to the climax, “we’ll you be my date?”

Claire’s blue eyes started to sparkle and a big smile registered on her face. She was so happy and gave Louis a huge hug which almost choked him.

They also saw Brittany and Jade who were so happy. Claire hugged her friends. And they started chatting.

Travis Becker was so overwhelmed with their victory. It was like the crowd was choking him for they were too plenty celebrating on the field. He tried looking for his mom and his brother in the crowd.