Chapter 5

I ran out the class and down the hall. Trying hard to ignore the things some people were whispering. I was almost to the door when I felt a chill down my neck.

I looked around and saw him; he was looking at me with a smirk on his face. He started walking toward me, at that moment I was glad mom taught me clawing people in the face was wrong because that was what I wanted to do.

For some reason every step he took toward me made me want to growl each time. I wanted to leave and forget about the day, but what I did was stay and glare him down. This, to my displeasure, made him smile bigger.

I was aware people were stopping and looking, that they were whispering but I didn’t care. They could say as much as they wanted about me. I just wanted to stare down this boy, this thing that made me want to bare my teeth and growl.

He stopped about a foot in front of me and was about to say something when two girls walked up and grabbed his arms. “Don’t talk to her Jonathan.” “Yeah she’s a freak.” They started pulling him toward the door. I kept my eyes on him willing them to set him on fire, even though that didn’t happen something stranger did.

He let the girls pull him then, before he walked out the doors be waved but as him to himself the back of his hand facing me. The sight broke my glare and he walked out the doors, everyone else started talking and walking again. I walked out the school replaying in my mind the day and what had happened.

I had clawed the back of his hand with my right, his left hand had gotten five bleeding marks, and he had waved with his left. So how come there was nothing there?