Chapter 16

“Oh so you fell and when Jonathan tried to catch you with his hand you scratch him but since you felt bad you ran off before he could get mad which is why everyone thought you were just being a jerk.” “Yeah Summer I kind of just said that you didn’t have to repeat it.”

I know I know, that wasn’t the real story but what was I going to say, “I felt something weird so I thought that I should claw his hand when he was just trying to help.” I mean really, well anyway Summer and I were walking back from lunch.

No I did not go sit with that creep, and he didn’t even care he was looking around the room for something and for once he wasn’t smiling which made me the happiest person ever. Summer and I walked down the hall to gym the only other class we have together. “Oh I hate gym!” I looked at Summer and rolled my eyes. I always liked working out and just being outside overall, I wonder why?

We walked in to the gym just to learn that we couldn’t have gym until everyone got their gym clothes. I mean really I got mine during the summer and now I have to sit and wait for other people so I can finally blow off some power and beat these losers!

Was that to mean? Oh well, since we weren't doing anything and since I didn’t really get any sleep last night I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. That would have worked but some girls kept giggling and that drove me crazy.

After a while I was starting to block everything out when I smelled something strange like something old. My eyes flew open and my hand shot out and something landed right in it. I looked it over; it was an orange that was starting to rot.

“Oh my god she is a freak she just woke up in like a second.” I looked across the gym and a group of girls were trying to whisper but too me they couldn’t have been louder if they were standing right in front of me.

I signed, a least I am a freak better than the dirty, pig they were probably going for. Summer looked at me she was doing homework, sucks that she as all honors I only have honors English and my teacher was wonderful as you all know.

“You know they are just jealous, that was incredible!" A bell rang; I got up and threw the orange in the trash. “Whatever you can go on ahead I need to find a bathroom.” Summer looked upset but started to walk away. I walked to the nearest bathroom if I hadn’t have been so mad at that moment I may have looked harder at that group of girls or more importantly at that one girl right next to them.

Maybe if I had just seen her shock then her happiness at my fast catch. Maybe if I had realized that her hair has a dark as mine. Then maybe just maybe I could have stopped what happened later that day or at less been more prepared.