Chapter 12

Summer and I were walking down the hall. Summer stopped at a room, “Well have is my class.” I was sad but my class was at the next hall and I didn’t want to be late again. “I will see you at lunch.” “K bye.” She walked in her room and I walked down the hall and walked inside.

Half the class was full and I sat in the front. Just to avoid the people who were glaring at me in the back. I sat there and watched people come in. To me it felt like hours but it was really only like two minutes, see what I mean about time.

The bell rang and a lady walked in. She stood by the desk at the front of the room. “Hello everyone I am your English teacher Ms…” How much you want to bet she is going to say a name that has something to do with English. “Ms. Sun” Wow the world really does just hate me.

“Okey dokey let’s get started.” Did she really just say what I think she said? She picked up a pile of papers from her desk and started passing them out. “Here is a list of what I expect from you and what you can expect from me.” She handed me a few, I took one and passed the rest back but no one took them.

I looked behind me and there was a boy with his arms crossed. “Here.” I tried to give him the papers but he slapped them out my hand. “I don’t want to get rabies.” The class started laughing, I for one found it sad this school had such low joke standards.

Ms. Sun walked over and stood in front of me. “What did you do?” Really I mean come on do all the teachers in this school just hate me? “Young man I will not take that kind of behavior in my class. Go to the Dean’s Office.” The boy looked at her like she was crazy.

“The Dean’s?” “Oh that’s right you are all freshmen. The Deans are the people in the school that punish kids. Misbehavior on the first day is not something they like. I guess I will have to call someone to get you since you don’t know where to go.”

She walked over and opened her classroom door. “Oh hello Michel could you take a student to the Deans’ Office for me?” I tall man walked in the room. “Of course Ms. Sun.” She looked at the boy again, “What is your name?” The boy looked at the man and swallowed, “It’s Jim Books.” Well there’s that English related name I was looking for.

“Well Mr. Jim this is a school guard they help keep the peace. He will show you the way to the Deans’ Office.” Jim got up and started walking toward the door. He looked back at me and glared. I smiled back and waved. Jim and the guard walked out the room and closed the door.

Ms. Sun walked back to me. “Sorry about that most people you meet here with be much nicer.” She bent over to grab the papers on the floor. “Wait let me do it.” I got up, picked up the papers and give them to her.

“Well what I nice young lady.” She took them from me and walked back to the front of the class. “Let’s start talking about the paper I just gave out.” Wow meeting a nice friend and teacher. World are you sick or something? Now good things are happening to me.