Chapter 24

’’’I was close now. I was about to pass his shoulder. That was until he turned. I was so surprised I didn’t slow down until I ran into a tree knocking it over. I roared, turned and started running again. I jumped and flew over him. I landed and kept running. He howled but I didn’t care. I turned my head and growled then I turned back just to in time to see a tree so close…’’’

I felt it as I hit it and Changed back.I rubbed my head, “Ouch what is with all the trees!” “Well you know this is a forest. I did try and warn you but you didn’t listen.” I turned and saw the creep leaning on a tree next to me. I muttered under my breath, “Stupid, no-brain, creepy….” “Oh is kitty mad?”

I glared at him, “Don’t call me kitty!” I looked around. We were in a part of the forest I have never gone before and for some reason I didn’t feel welcome. “Where are we?” “We are on the edge of the Wave Pack’s territory.” I looked at him like he was crazy, “Wave Pack?” He starting walking, “Come on.” I followed him into a field that had a small river going through it.

“What’s this place?” I had started walking around I can’t believe I never came here I thought I went everywhere in the forest before. “This is where I came to play a lot when I was little since I couldn’t leave the territory.” Well I wouldn’t have pinned the creep as the sad lonely kid.

“So why am I here if it is on your wonderful territory?” The creep turned to me and had a look like he was wondering whether to kill me slowly or draw out my death with torture. How do I know this? Because I thought about the same thing when I first meant him. He signed and looked down, “Oh great here they come. You really shouldn’t have mocked this place.” I felt a feeling that seemed to chill my whole body. I turned and saw the man from before with another guy that looked my age and very similar to the man. His son maybe?

“What is that foul creature doing here? How dare you bring it here?” Oh no that man did NOT just call me foul! I stepped forward and was about to add all new words to the cursing dictionary when the creep stepped in front of me. Why did people keep doing that?

The creep bowed, “I’m sorry my Alpha but I wanted to explain to her about…” The man lifted his leg and kicked the creep in the stomach. He fell back and let out a small whine. What is with this his guy and hitting people? Even I wouldn’t have hit the creep, unless he discovered it.I growled but then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked and saw the creep standing there holding his stomach. What? Just because he just got kicked doesn’t mean I have to be nice.

“I am sorry, I will take her away. “ The man nodded, “Fine make sure you do that right.” The man walked away and the other guy turned to follow but didn’t. He spoke under his breath but I could hear it and I’m pretty sure so could the creep. “You know Jonathan the fact you're so weak is why you will never be Alpha.”

The guy walked away laughing. Alpha? Even I knew that was a big title. I looked at the creep; he looked upset and for a second I felt something kind of like sadness but luckily it went away. Then it was soon replaced by anger, “Who were those guys and what were they talking about?”

He  didn’t say anything but started walking out the field. I walked after him, “Well?” He looked me and signed. He had let go of his stomach and was looking down. I could tell he wasn’t going to talk unless…..“So was that like your dad and brother and like are you going to be Alpha or something some day?”

He signed again, was this really the same smirking creep that annoys the crap out of me? “No that was my…uncle and cousin. My father died some time ago.” Ouch, man this is a happy little talk. “So what was your cousin talking about?”He looked around, “My father and my uncle were twins but my father was born second. Their father was the pack Alpha so one of them would be the next Alpha mostly likely my uncle but my father wanted to be Alpha so they fought.”

He paused, “My father lost. From that day though since he was still the Alpha’s son he became a Beta, which is like the Alpha’s right hand-man, and as his son so am I.” He looked tried like telling me all this was wearing him out. “Here we are my lovely little cat you can find your way back to your house from here.” I looked we were at the edge of the forest again. Wait did he just call me lovely? I blushed then what Summer said popped into my head, “So you’re passionately in love with him.” I shook out my head and I could feel my face going red hot. He looked at me, “What’s wrong kitty got a fever?” I ran off into the woods so fast I forgot to tell him stop calling kitty. I felt so embarrassed but why? It’s not like I did like him or anything. I mean he is just a lonely creep and a werewolf. He said himself that weretigers and werewolves always end up fighting so it would never work. I slowed down; for some reason that made me upset. Wait did that mean….”Noooo!!!!” I started running again and ran into another tree. I fell on the ground and I think I really was seeing stars. At least I wasn’t thinking about you know who, great now I am thinking about him. Hmm…. Maybe another tree will help?