Chapter 22

Hello out there, happy day you have diecide you read this far into my book. For one thank you. Well hope you like this chapter, again much longer than i wanted but who cares. Have fun

========================================================================

My dad and the man in front of him glared at each other. The man took a step forward, “Well? Why are you here?” Dad spoke under his breath, “Because I needed to come back.” The other man growled at dad, “You have no right to come back here we had a deal.”

Dad’s eyes shifted to me then he looked down, “Yes we did but…” The man punched dad and he flew back into a tree. I ran over to him. He was growling but then he stopped. The man paced back and forth, “I don’t care why you came back. I care that now another one of your filthy kind has come.

This time I was the one that growled, how dare he say that! “You better shut your little…” Dad put his hand over my mouth, again. “Listen I am sorry about that but that is why I came, that weretiger came here to hurt my family but I took care of her.”

Her? Does that mean dad knew that tiger? The man stopped pacing, “You may have fought that creature but now it is gone and I believe it is time for you to go as well. The deal with stand if you leave in the next 48 hours and if you don’t…” The man got on all fours on the ground, “It will be war.”

The man started shaking and by the time I blinked he was a wolf again, he started walking away back into the woods and each of the other wolves followed until only one was left. This was maybe as big as the man’s wolf; it had light brown fur with some highlights of blonde. I looked into its blue eyes, which seemed to be oddly familiar.

It closed one of his eyes before it….wait a second…..isn’t that winking? Did that wolf just wink at me? I shook out my head, that couldn’t be it was just a dumb wolf right? I looked at my father. He was looking at the ground a steadily growling. “Dmmmd?” That was when I realized his hand was still on my mouth.

I was kind of worried to do anything though because he seemed mad. Wait what am I saying? I am not afraid of anything! I grabbed his wrist and yanked his hand away. His head shot up and he bared his teeth. Then he blinked, with both eyes might I add, and stopped. “Sorry” He looked around then stood up and dusted himself off. “We should go back to your mother now she must be worried.”

He started walking back home.I jumped up and when after him, “Wait what just happened? Who was that rude jerk-faced…” I ran in to dad and saw he had stopped. He turned so quickly I fell, “You will hold your tongue in this forest.” He looked around nervously then when nothing happened he sighed and helped me back up. “I am sorry. Look that man was the alpha of a local werewolf pack. A very strong man in many ways. You best not speak ill of him in a place his pack can hear.

He started walking again and I followed. “Ok what was he talking about then? Something about a deal?” We were at the house’s fence. He jumped right over it. Show off. I climbed a tree then jumped off it into the back yard. Dad was standing in the middle of the yard. “You’re back!” Mom ran out the house and hugged me then she let go, “Oh sorry I forgot you don’t need me anymore.” I was still for a mere second before I grabbed mom into a bear hug.

“I’m sorry so so sorry!” My mom laughed a little. “You know I like not having my back cracked in half, remember I am only human.” I put her down and she was smiling at me. She put my hair behind my ear,”It is ok I still love you.”

Her smile faded after a while though, “So what happened why were gone so long?” I looked around dad said just to not bad mouth wolves in the forest right? “Well you see there were these jer…” Dad stepped between me and mom, “They came back.” I really wish he would stop cutting me off. I walked around dad and saw mom’s eyes were huge, “What? Oh, I guess that means…” Mom turned around and walked back in the house. Did everyone know what was going on but me?

I turned to dad, “Where is she going? What’s going on?” Dad didn’t look at me; he just stared at the house. “She is packing we are leaving.” I was, to sum it up, shocked then angry, “You are just going to let those dogs tell you what to do?” He turned toward me, “You don’t know what they are like, if you value your live and your mother’s you will leave.” I glared at him, “But why you haven’t told me anything about what’s going on and until you do I am staying right here.”

I closed my eyes and crossed my arms, which was a bad idea because I didn’t see the hand coming. Dad smacked me across the face. I fell on the ground and opened my eyes. I was mad; I growled I could feel my tiger welling up in me. “Want the truth? Fine! If you don’t leave this place you are going to be killed! Got that? Nothing else matters, you will just die and that will be the end of it! Happy now?”

He stormed into the house and just like before my tiger seemed to have left me. I sat on the ground unable to move then I felt a chill run down my neck. “Oh, even kitty’s daddy has claws, meeooowwww can someone say cat fight?” I knew that voice but it couldn’t be. I turned and up in my favorite tree sitting on a branch was the one person that could possibly make this moment worse. The creep. Great this is going to turn out well.