Chapter 29

• Dedicated to To anyone who as read this far! Thank you!

I ran toward the edge of the Wave Pack’s territory but then I heard I high-pitched yelp in the other direction and ran that way. As I got closer I could smell wolves and….blood. I ran faster when something breezed by. It was huge and I could have sworn I saw fur I was about to follow it when, “Kitty?” Only one very annoying person on this planet calls me that. I turned and there he was; sitting against a tree. Jonathan was holding his neck with blood coming through his fingers.

I ran over to him not even caring that he again called me kitty. “What the heck happened?” I reached out to move his hand to look at the wound but he grabbed my wrist. “Listen I’m fine the Alpha is dead. My cousin killed him with a poison. I tried to catch my cousin but he surprised me and got a good bite in.”

My eyes wondered to his hand, blood still coming through it. Suddenly I was furious. I stood up, “Where are you going?” I looked at Jonathan still holding my wrist, “I told you I would take care of your cousin...” I spat the words. I had no idea why I was so mad just that I was and that hunting down the cousin would help.

Jonathan was still holding my wrist, “Jonathan let me go.” He seemed surprised for a second then gave my wrist a little squeeze before letting go, “Just be careful. He went that way.” I started running the way Jonathan was pointing. I could feel my tiger in me as angry if not angrier then I was. We were getting close to Jonathan’s cousin I could fell it. My tiger was begging to be let out and I knew it was right I didn’t know how to fight but my tiger did so I Changed.

’’’My tiger ran faster than I ever did. I was in in my tiger’s mind but more as a passenger. I felt everything my tiger felt but I wasn’t controlling it. We could feel that stupid were in front of us. We jumped and landed right in front of him. He had super dark brown fur and was probably the same size of Jonathan; so bigger than me but my tiger didn’t care.

My tiger lounged at the wolf. He moved but we shot out our paw and scratched him. He yelped a little then growled. He jumped at me going right for my neck. I shot under his legs, one of the best things about being smaller, but he bit my tail. I hissed but he wouldn’t let go so I bit his leg, hard. He let go and howled. I ran into him making him crash into a tree. He was trying to get up but his foot wasn’t working, was it broken? Perfect. My tiger walked over to him and raised my paw. The wolf started shaking then became that same guy I had seen before. Wonderful I could kill him easier now! Wait kill him I don’t want to kill him. But it didn’t matter what I wanted my tiger half wanted to end his life. I could see through my tiger’s eyes; the guy laid on the ground holding his arm and his eyes were daring me to do it but I just….couldn’t. I Changed back.’’’

I put my hand on his throat and squeezed, “Look here I will spare your live and you better use it to get as far away as possible because if you come back I will let my tiger kill you.” I threw him; he stood up and looked back. I roared very very loud. He turned and started limping away as fast as he could go.

I was happy that was until I thought about Jonathan. “Oh no!” I turned around and started running. “Jonathan? Jonathan? Jonathan!!!!” He wasn’t answering not good. I broke through the trees and saw him in the same spot, “Jonathan! I did it he’s gone you don’t have to worry.” Jonathan stood up stilling leaning against the tree.

I ran over to him and put my hands on his shoulders to steady him, “You shouldn’t stand. I will go get….” He….he kissed me…………..what can I say? I was shocked but really really happy. Ok maybe I do like him. He stopped and I was upset until he pulled me into a hug. He whispered in my ear, “I’m glad you’re ok kitty.” I was glad he couldn’t see my face I was probably so red it must have looked like someone threw paint on me.

I muttered, “Stop calling me that.” He laughed quietly, his breath sending shivers down my back. Ok maybe I did want this werewolf weretiger thing to work. Even if it didn’t I still had this moment and I wanted it to last forever.