#Chapter 34: I'm at my limit.

#Chapter 34 (Allison's Pov)

"I'm sorry..." she whispered with pain evident in her voice.

I felt my heart broke into pieces and shook my head dejectedly. I felt relieved at the fact that I had thrown everything in my heart that I kept hidden about Jennifer, out. But yet I felt guilty too. True, she should have told me what she was going through. As her bestfriend, I thought I deserved that much. But no, she hid everything from me. I knew she was abused. I was not stupid to see the obvious bruises that she so stupidly tried to hide. But I know that it was not my place to interfere so I waited till she was ready to tell me. Or so I thought.

I stared at her back as she dragged her feet and climbed up the stairs to her room. I saw how each time her face paled, every time I threw the harsh words at her. I sighed. I'm such a bitch. I looked around and my mouth dropped as I just, for the first time, saw how luxurious the living room was. I was shocked and relieved when I saw her at first. But then I remembered how she had put me through and my anger got fuelled up.

"Now what?" I glanced around, sighing to no one.

Either I follow Jennifer and ask her for direction or be here alone till someone finds me and help me out. The later seemed tempting but I was too tired to wait. I followed the direction she went earlier. I skipped up the stairs, hoping to catch up with her. I saw her back and pursed my lips. Why do I have to do this?

I was about to call out her name when she slammed the door, not even looking up. I frowned when I saw how bloody red her eyes were. I have never seen her that way before. As I walked nearer to her room, I could feel pieces of the wall I built, breaking. No matter how much I seemed to blame and hate her, I can't do that. Believe it or not, she was there for me, when I was suffering, hating the world.

I huffed and knocked on her door. I rolled my eyes when she did not answer. I placed my hand on the knob, twisting it. I frowned as I realised that the door did not budge. Alright, she locked herself in. I banged my hands on her door.

"Jennifer! Just open the goddamn door!" I yelled.

"Open idiot!" I yelled again.

I was about to give up when a maid came up to me.

"Miss, what's wrong?" she asked, confusedly.

"Do you have the keys to the room?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

I was trying to be civil here with her. But Jen chose to be stubborn. I stared at the maid emotionless.

"Well?" I hissed.

She gulped and nod frantically. She took out the keys from her front pocket and with shaky hands, inserted the key into the keyhole. The door opened with a loud clicked. I smirked in victory. I will just torment her a little more. I pushed the door and bit my lower lip when I could not find Jen anywhere.

I gulped, suddenly feeling my stomach tightening. She did not do anything stupid right? I felt uneasy as I neared the toilet door. I breathed out, holding my fist in mid-air. Should I or should I not? But I did not hesitate any longer when I heard a loud thump from the toilet. Shit!

"Jennifer! open the door!!" I knocked wildly against the door.

I waited and tried again but received no respond. Okay this is getting really bad.

"Help someone!" I yelled to anyone.

The same maid from before, entered the room and worriedly started to find the key to the bathroom.

"Just hurry the fuck up!" I screamed, as my heart pounded wildly.

She finally found it and quickly inserted in before pushing the door opened. She gasped and stood there staring at something while her face paled. I pushed her aside. What I saw in front of me was totally not what I had expected. I felt as if my gut was punched repeatedly and felt whatever left in me, broke.