#Chapter 14: Am I dead?

#Chapter 14(Jennifer’s Pov)                                             

“Hel- mm!”

 I let out a shrill cry before he stopped me by slapping one of his wide hands onto my mouth. I bit onto his hands hard, feeling satisfied, seeing he flinched. He immediately removed his hand and waved his hand around, trying to ease the pain. He blew out in frustration.  I was attempting to yell my heart out again when he finally spoke.

“Geez woman! It’s only me!” he exclaimed annoyed.

Realizing that the voice belongs to Jared, I gasped before holding my hands to my chest, feeling my heart beating frantically. Thank god the door was closed. I don’t know what would happen if it was open. Surely the guys would be even more annoyed at my false alarm. I literally smacked myself on my forehead for exaggerating the situation with stupid and wild imaginations.  Well that earned me a weird look from Jared. Like I care! Not!

I slapped him on his shoulders for the fright he gave me. I swear my lifespan had been reduced by 10 years. He glared at me before cradling his ‘injured’ hand away from me. I nearly sympathize at him as I bit too hard onto his hand but decided against it as, well, he deserved it! 

He gave me another death glare before he puts one of his fingers in his ear, poking it, making sure it was still working perfectly. I rolled my eyes at his dramatic reaction. He cracked his knuckles before walking past me and settled onto the nearest chair, the one I sat before, and began spinning around in it.

I looked at him in bafflement. Did he just pretend not to see me? Shouldn’t he say something?  Like for well, maybe an apology for scaring me?  I fumed silently.

“Jared! You nearly killed me there! And by the way you deserve that bite and so I’m not sorry for biting you!” I yelled childishly.

He narrowed his eyes at my rude tone before he stood up from his seat. He took several steps towards me slowly but threateningly. I gulped internally, masking my expression. As he got uncomfortably closer to me, I decided to back up backwards only to find myself getting trapped between him and the wall.

“What did you just said?” he asked unusually calm, staring into my eyes.

“You nearly killed me there?” I asked dumbly.

I feigned innocence despite the fact that I saw the fire in his eyes. He quirked his eyebrows before he exhaled, making me shudder at his warm, minty breath. He shook his head before narrowed his eyes once again. This time, he moved nearer causing his muscular chest almost touching mine. He puts both his hands on each side of me, trapping and prevented me from escaping.

“No… After that, what did you just said?” he rolled his eyes before asking, gravely.

I gulped now even visibly and took my eyes off from his, shifting my eyes everywhere except meeting his eyes.

“I’m not sorry for biting you?” I squeaked in a small voice.

Even though I hate showing fear to anyone, I swear with the murderous look Jared gave, I can’t help but to feel terrified.

“I think you’re forgetting who you are. So let me just remind you one last time, just because hrmm… you helped me just now, doesn’t mean we’re best buddies. So before I do something I would regret, you better apologised and shut up!” He bellowed.

I thought I saw his eyes softened shortly when he mentioned about me helping him. But maybe it was just my imagination. I couldn’t help but to flinch when he yelled at me right after. I was silently fuming inside but despite that, I decided to apologize. I mean what he said was right. I am nobody, and I need to know my place as someone who is just a nuisance.