#Chapter 23: Looks like someone is in a better mood this time.

#Chapter 23(Blake’s Pov) 

I took a deep breath, standing in front of the wooden cabin. It has been long abandoned since that incident happen. Barricade tape was seen all around the cabin. The yellow, now brownish slightly, barricade tape was labelled with black bold words that say ‘Crime Scene- Do Not Cross’. My hands were shivering non-stop since the time I stepped onto the lawn where my used to be ‘home’.

I squeezed and then fisted my hands, right to each of my sides. This has to be done! I mentally told myself. With that found determination, I strode up the few flights of steps, before ducking down, beneath the barricade tape. The wooden floorboards creaked under my feet, sending unknown feeling to me. Instinctively, I turned my head around, checking if there was anyone on sight.

At that point I became suspicious of my surrounding. I felt as if there was someone who was watching me, my every move. But I shook my head and thought better of it. Just some stupid paranoia every time I encounter when I came visiting here. I pulled my leather jacket tighter around myself before facing the door that I’m badly dreading right now.

I closed my eyes and imagined the faces of those I loved as to so I could get the strength I need to overcome this obstacle. As if my subconscious was mocking me, he immediately made me think of Jennifer, my dear Jen.  I felt my heart lighter and I took my deepest breathe but immediately exhaled when I pushed the door open.

The state of the house was wreck terribly. The furniture pieces were all around the place.  The house was too suffocated and dark. The stench smell made me cringed up my nose and send me into a coughing fits.  The policemen had definitely tidied up the cabin damn ‘perfectly well’. I rolled my eyes and stepped in further into the living room.

The door immediately slammed sending me jumping in fright. Holy cow! That door really got me there! I placed my hands on the wall, wincing at the same time when I accidentally touched the damp spots, searching for that switch. I smiled and flipped the switch up upon founding it.

*Click* *click* *click click*

I sighed. The switch was not working. I should have known this would happen. Thank god Tyler had ‘motherly’ nagged at me to bring those necessary items before coming here. I reached into the front pocket of my medium-sized backpacked. I smile in satisfaction, founding my saviour, the flashlight.

I clicked the button and the light of the flashlight came to life. I noticed the way tiny particles gathered around the light ray and I could figure how dusty this cabin was. I pointed the flashlight to the front so as to lead my way to the rest of the cabin. With every step I took, the wooden floorboard creak along under my feet.

As I got nearer to the study room, I found trailed of fresh blood stained onto the turquoise carpet. I bend down and placed my pointed finger onto it and pressed slightly to check how damp it was. It was dried but the color of the blood was still fresh. It was as if this blood was dripped by someone not more than 2 days.

*Plop*

I turned to the sound and flash my flashlight towards it. Files were dropped on to the floor from the desk. I saw a black figure dashed from the desk across to the living room. And before I could even chase it, the figure went out of the cabin, slamming the door loudly. I ran to the door to only hear the sound of a revving engine. I quickly opened the door to see the person, waving mockingly at me before accelerating down the road.

“Fuck!” I swore loudly.

“That bastard! He stole my bike!” I growled after realising my missing motorcycle.

My shoulders heaved up and down, feeling worked up about that. I could feel a violent rage rising within me as I watched him speed down the road with my precious motorcycle. The only thing I got a glimpsed was the tattoo on his right wrist. It was a tattoo of a bold letter‘s’. I raked up my brain trying to match the symbolic tattoo to a gang.