#Chapter 9: If I die young...

# Chapter 9(Tyler’s Pov)

“Have you heard about the fight between Blake and that girl?” he whispered.

I turned my head and listened to the guys in front of me. Apparently, Blake had fought with a girl. That surprised me… Blake never fights with girls; however it is more that he would have avoided them.

Dalton and his group sat directly a few seats in front of me. I lifted my book and continued my reading. I was about to flip to the next page when I heard that one name.

“That’s her! Jenson or Jennifer was it?” Ken asked Dalton.

He pointed his fingers towards the direction while asking Dalton. I turned my head to the direction. I let out a gasp. I blinked my eyes and stared intensely at her. Is she real? Is she really here? As if feeling my stares, she turned and looked at me.

Still not believing my eyes, I continued staring at her, hoping that she won’t disappear. She gave me a close smile before waving slightly.

My heart throbbed and I let out a slight sigh of relief. I thought I can’t see her anymore, but now there she is! She turned straight ahead facing the whiteboard. Her dark blond hair flicked and sway along with her. She wrinkled her forehead and frowned. I didn’t miss the slight puffy red eyes. I wonder what Blake had said again upsetting her.

“How dare she is to pick a fight with my Blake?!” Vicky exclaimed with her high-pitched voice.

Her little minions chorused and agreed with her. How old are they?  I shook my head and slammed down my book. The whole class went silent and stop gossiping about Jennifer.

Vicky turned and fluttered her eyelashes. More like there’s something stuck in her eyes… She walked her catwalk all the way from her seat to me. She pulled the seat in front of me and sat down, showing full-view of her cleavage and pouted, staring at me in ‘concern’.

“Are you okay? Tyler?” she asked, trying to ‘comfort’ me.

I stared at her incredulously before standing up, dragging my seat to the back with a screech. I paced up to Jennifer without giving any glance to Vicky. I watched Jennifer as her eyes widen before looking around trying to avoid my eyes.

Everyone in the class stared and some puzzled by my actions. I stalked towards her and softly pull her arm up.

“Tyler, what are you doing? Hrmm… Tyler?” she whispered.

She looked confused, but still went along. She took her bag and followed me out of the class. I didn’t stop walking till I reached the school gate.

I sneakily went and jumped over the gate as she looked at me bewildered. I glanced to the guard post. The guard was soundly sleeping. I offered my hands.

“C’mon! Jen!” I encouraged her.

She shook her head wildly.

“What about school? I can’t just skip school!” she said uneasily.

Her eyes flickered to the right looking at the guard.

“Jen, look it’s just one time and plus are you going to stay in school and hearing the whole school gossiping about you and Blake's fight?” I asked calmly.

Her eyes were confused and she frowned before looking up back at me.

“How do you know we had a fight? Wait! You mean the whole school knows about that already?!” she exclaimed.

I bit my lips, trying to stop laughing. How clueless can she be?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(Jennifer’s Pov)