#Chapter 12: Meeting the 'new' family

Hey ppl!! What's up?Well sorry for the interruption but I got some news to share... I just uploaded a new story called, I Hate You, My Bodyguard. SO pls do check out!! This book may be better and interesting than this:) So Read okay!! Vote and comment! Okay I will stop now. Read and enjoy the Chapter:)

#Chapter 12(Jennifer’s Pov)

After a long session of me calming myself down, I decided that it’s time to face my new ‘family’. I took a deep breath and exhaled out. Don’t worry Jen! They won’t bite you…maybe...

I used the clutches and hopped myself to the door. The pain in my leg has been numb thanks to the medication. I shook my head before taking hold of the door knob. I closed my eyes as I turned the door knob slowly before pulling the door open. This is it!

I opened my eyes just to be met with a pair of greenish-blue eyes. He narrowed his eyes before smiling softly at me.

“Heyya! I’m Jeremy! Nice meeting you!” he said cheerfully.

He lifted his hands towards me waiting for me to shake it. I look at his hands warily and back to his face. He doesn’t have any weapon hidden right? No surprise attack right? I questioned myself. But then I made an odd face just as I realized how ridiculous I looked, talking to myself.

“Don’t worry! I washed my hands and I’m a clean person in case you’re wondering…” he trailed as he studied my face.

The way his eyes narrowed seem to make goose bumps appear on my shoulders. Balancing myself by holding the wall for support, I quickly lifted one of my hands before putting it onto his open palm. He squeezed my hand not too hard but certainly not too gentle either. I flinched as I felt the rough but cold skin wrapped around mine.

“Hi…. I-I’m Je-Jennifer! Its n-nice mm-meeting you…” I stammered.

He lifted his eyebrows before nodding his head. His cheerful face now turned into one of that serious and murderous expression.

“So you’re that girl that almost caused Tyler to be killed by the Jacob’s gang?” he asked.

The hardness and coldness in his voice couldn’t be hidden as he said that. This Jacob’s gang seemed to be well-hated by him. Not to mention vice versa. As I was busy analyzing that, he tapped onto my shoulders and leaned onto the wall in front of me.

He was asking me something didn’t he? Oh yes! What?! Tyler was almost killed? He didn’t tell me about that! I shook my head wildly. No!

“Uh? Wait are you that Jennifer or some other Jennifer?” he asked confusedly.

“I’m that Jennifer, but I did not know that Tyler was almost killed because of me!” I exclaimed.

“Whoa! Tiger! Relax! I was just making sure… can I ask you something?” he said as he folded his arms.

I nodded my head and looked up at him. This guy is almost as tall as Blake only maybe a bit shorter. But his looks were absolutely dashing. This gang Blake has, is it all about looks? I mean look at him, Jeremy, Tyler and not to forget the leader himself, Blake.

“Have I seen you before? I mean you look so familiar…” he asked.

 He narrowed his eyes once again before giving me the same look again. Those studying- you- look. What? Am I some specimen for him to study or what?!  I frowned but internally, I was fuming mad.

“Nope! I don’t think I saw you before…and stop giving me that look!” I murmured before exclaiming.

I couldn’t help myself but to feel bothered by the looks he gave me. It’s like I- know- you- look. The look that creeps me out. Like the one, I-know-what-you-did-last-summer kind of look. I mean have you seen that movie?