#Chapter 18: New Place, New life.

*Note: There will be several changing of Pov so try not to get confuse:) Enjoy reading my dear readers! Oh I put in the picture of the antique wooden box( you will know, once you read the chapter)

#Chapter 18 (Jennifer’s Pov)

I was badly shaken up at that time. The police officer tried to talk to me but I couldn’t even utter a single word. All I could see was mum’s sincere smile she gave me before everything happened. I cried too much that now no more tears could come out. It’s like my tears have all dried up leaving me with puffy, red and dry eyes.

I felt like shoving the police officer aside as he tried to interrogate me of the situation. Doesn’t he have the eyes to see that I’m in no condition to talk? As he continued asking me question, I looked down at the ground, totally ignoring him.

“Jennifer, please say something? We need to know where your mum got the drugs…Do you know of any close friends she might have?” he asked me with a slight annoyance in his tone.

I kept quiet not even trying to make any movement as an answer. Here I’m grieving for my mother’s death and here he’s trying to get clue of the supplier that gave mum drugs. Some time I wonder if the world is all full of inconsiderate people and liars. I took a deep breath, trying to control myself from actually cursing the officer.

“Can’t you actually see that, that young lady has just gone through a painful day? Officer, she’s just a young child, and you asking her all this illegal stuff? Does she look like the kind that would take drugs and shit?!” a woman hissed.

The officer just sighed and shook his head and muttered lowly about how ‘he’s only doing his job’. The officer sent me a sympathy look and walked past the woman. The woman sent a glare to the officer before turning and gave me a warm smile. The woman looked to be around late thirties, with a brown-chestnut haired. She is fair and has a slim body shaped. Her beauty leaves me in awe for a moment.

“Hello there! Are you okay? Wait don’t answer that, that such a stupid question. Let me introduce myself. I’m Adriana sage, from Child and Family services centre.” She said gently.

She offered her hand out for a handshake. I stared at it as if it’s some kind of a weird gestured. Slowly I came to my sense and brought my shaking hands towards hers. She gripped it firmly and gently.

“Hi…” I mumbled incoherently, not understanding the situation.

“So, Jennifer do you know what we do?” she asked.

I heard of this organization but I never really understood it. So I just shook my head.

“We are here to help children, teenagers and adults when they are having difficulties like being neglect or abuse in term of emotionally, physically and sexually. We also help those that had just lost their parents and had no other family members to look after them.” she said as she gave me a small smile.

“For your case, you had just lost your mother…” she said softly giving me a squeeze on my shoulders.

“We were informed that you have no one else other than your mum… and you’re still young and underage so we are here to give you protection as much as we can. I understand how much pain you’re going through right now, but I’m sure your mum would want you to be care for and not be alone.” She said with her eyes full of understanding and kindness.

I looked down to the ground. Truth slams hard into me. I have no one else other than mum. But how about Dad and Tyson?

“Wait! Are you sure about that? How about my dad and brother?” I asked, suddenly felt hopeful.