#Chapter 37: Can we start over?

(Jennifer's Pov)

"Sweetheart, please stay in bed! Marissa will assist you and get what you need." My dad exclaimed, rushing to my side.

I sighed. It has been a week since I was discharged from the hospital. Since then, my dad has been by my side almost every minute if that was even possible. The doctor told me to rest but did not say anything about being bedridden. I blew in frustration. I get that he is worried about my well-being but I need to get out of bed anytime soon.

"Dad, please... I feel a lot better! I know that you are worried about me but I'm fine!! See!!" I exclaimed, jumping up and down.

My dad looked alarmed and hold me in place.

"Stop jumping like a mad woman!" He cried incredulously.

I folded my arms and stopped jumping.

"Dad, you have to stop babying me at one point in time. I know it's my fault that I hurt myself. I truly regret that. I have reflected on my actions. I'm sorry for everything..." I whispered, hanging my head low.

"Darling, stop blaming yourself. I'm sorry." He sniffled, giving me a hug.

I smiled and hugged him tightly.

"So if we are okay now, would you please allow me to at least get out of this room? I feel so suffocated, being in this room for a long time." I spoke, as I pulled away from his hug.

He frowned before folding his arms, staring at the ceiling.

"This stubborn woman!" He sighed under his breath.

"Please daddy!! I really really love you!" I pleaded, giving him my cutest pout.

He looked at me, contemplating for a moment before smiling.

"Alright. But on one condition!" He answered, smirking.

I knew he will not agree so easily. I pursed my lips as I narrowed my eyes at him. What is he up to now?

"Wow okay, dad. What is that condition to earn my freedom?" I spoke, rolling my eyes.

"You are allowed to be out of your room, and also out of the house... with 2 bodyguards by your side at all times!" He snickered as he clapped.

Not 1 but 2 bodyguards? But then again, I need to get out for fresh air. And I understand from his point of view. He just wanted me safe. It will be really annoying to have people by my side but if it means that I could get out and even out of the house, I don't really mind.

"Sure. I take it!" I laughed.

"ahhahaah so get back in your- wait did you said okay?" He repeated, blinking his eyes.

"Yeah dad, I'm okay with 2 bodyguards. As long as I get to get out of this room, I would not mind at all. So give me that 2 bodyguards." I answered, smirking.

He nodded his head slowly and stared at me as if I've grown an extra head. He thought I would rather stay in the room than being guarded at all times. Well, honestly, I would stay in the room but I can't. I need to see Blake. I missed him badly. After hearing his voice that day at the hospital, I need to see him and tell him that it is not his fault and also confess my feelings for him. But I can't let dad know about this. I don't even want to imagine what would happen.

"Alright so since I have your approval, could I go to the mall?" I asked, clasping my hands together.

"Okay. Wait here, I'm calling my boys now." He pursed his lips, taking out his phone.

~~~~~~~

"Hey!!!!" I exclaimed before running towards her.

She froze before giving a huge sigh of relief. She hugged me tightly before pulling away from the hug.