#Chapter 15: Okay, what is seriously wrong with mum?

#Chapter 15(Blake’s Pov)

I opened my eyes to only be met with a warm pair of mossy green eyes.

“My dear! Why are you here?” the women spoke with her motherly tone.

I squinted my eyes, adjusting it to the sudden brightness. My eyes widened in recognition. It had been 4 years since the last time I’ve seen her. I clenched my hands into fists when I thought about the cruel incident that had happened to her.

“Mum!” I whispered, not believing my eyes.

 She nods and she smiles sadly. I ran and hugged her small, fragile frame as hard but carefully as I could. I could never know that this might be the last time I see her.

“I’m sorry for leaving you... I didn’t expect him to kill me like that... If I only knew about him earlier, you won’t get hurt and suffer. That man is evil!!” she sobbed.

“I know… I know… if I knew earlier I could have protected both of you...” I said with regret.

She shook her head and smiles before her smile drop.

“Promise me that whatever happens, you will still protect all of your loved ones. Take care of Tessa…” she said as her voice start to fade away.

“I promise mum!” I shouted.

“PEEEP...PEP PEP, PEP PEP,” the blaring of the incessant sound.

I groaned and felt my body ached everywhere. My throat felt parched dry.  I flicked my eyes open slowly. The first thing I saw is the familiar pair of baby-blue eyes, widely staring at me.

“OH MY GOD!! HE’S ALIVE!! HIS EYES IS FINALLY OPEN!!” he yelped.

“Shit Tyler! Would you shut the hell up!” I growled.

“Oh Blake! Sorry for being worried after your heart stop beating for a moment!” he retorted.

I froze before I broke my glare on the stupid machine to Tyler. There were dark circles beneath each of his eyes. His shirt was all crumpled up and his hair was messy. The worry was evident in his eyes. I felt guilt crept in and immediately I frowned seeing his dishevelled appearance.

Before I could ask Tyler anything, the doctor and nurses came rushing in. One of the nurses came to my side and shut the machine off, which in return, received a thankful look from me. The doctor came in with his clipboard tightly being held.

“Ehm! Mr Tories? Am I right?” he asked after clearing his throat several times.

I scrunched up my nose, confused at his question. Since when I’ve been a Mr Tories? The last time I check, I didn’t have any new father, even though I been longing for one. Tyler nod discreetly at me, hoping only I could notice it. I sighed before nodding my head.

“Okay, Mr Tories, I advised you to stay here for a little longer. At most a week, we need to monitor your condition. We might need to ask you several questions about your injuries. We might also need to inform the police about your serious injuries.” He said.

My eyes widened in horror before I looked at Tyler. I cleared my throat, getting the attention from the doctor. Glancing at his name tag, I began forming a false story in my head to explain what had happened to me.

“Mr Kinston, I’m sure you don’t have to involve the police in this incident. You see here, my brother and I was moving house, and that means we would be lifting heavy objects. I lost gripped on one of the glass table and it fell on me. That’s how I got the cuts.”