#Chapter 24: This is going to be a hell of a ride.

Note: Please read my note at the end of the chapter! It's really impt! I've insert a pic of 'badass' Jennifer!

#Chapter 24(Jennifer's Pov)

I lay still on my bed recalling dad's words. The way he said that he did all of this so that he could protect mum and I, was somehow a lie but I just couldn't stop believing him. I have this feeling in me that says that maybe the thing that force him to do such a drastic action has a link to what mum said in her diary.

'That old man had finally had what he wanted.' Now all I have to find out is who in the funny world would this old man be?

I narrowed my eyes and squinted, looking at the tiny corner where I hid the box. This old man must be really cunning, mean, wrinkly old, cruel and definitely ruthless... and merciless. Okay you got my idea. I sighed, damn these secrets. The thing that was still bothering me was,
if this whole situation of my dead dad and brother who are now alive, was actually real and not my imagination? What if I have finally gone nuts and make up this whole 'fairy tale'.

I rolled myself and planted my face into one of the pillows. I screamed my heart out, relieving the heaviness and frustration in me. I rolled back due to lack of oxygen and stared back to the ceiling. I was about to reach for my earphones, which is on the side table, when I heard a creaking sound outside of my room. Curiosity hit me, suddenly like a ninja, I tip-toed all the way to my door.

I put my hand on the crystal door knob and twist it slowly and quietly. I pulled the door open painstakingly slow inch by inch of a gap. With one eye closed, I peered through the gap and saw Tyson sneakily, dressed in a suspicious all- black outfit, sliding out of his door, ninja style, with a bloated black bag on his back. He narrowed his eyes and looked around.

Before his eyes could meet mine, I swiftly tip-toed back to my bed, but still leaving the gap there. I pulled my duvet up to my chest and closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I peeked opened my eyes and saw Tyson's head pop into my room through the gap. Being extra cautious, I made small noises of snoring. I peeked again and saw Tyson's head moving out of the gap. I sighed in relief.

I heard footsteps getting further away with the distance and knew it was safe to get out of my room. Looking at the clock, it showed, 11:45pm. Again almost near midnight. What in the beautiful world is he doing at this late at night? I smirked as a sudden evil idea struck me. I quickly put on my black tights, which I hanged on the chair earlier, and wore my black jacket from the cupboard. I tied my hair into a messy bun and looked myself in the mirror.

I'm looking so badass baby! I'm ready to go!

With that, I flung my door with such force that I'm afraid could wake others. Wincing for a moment, I started tip-toeing from my room all the way to the main hall, catching a glimpse of Tyson, 'The Man In Black'. I can't help but to be curious of his strange behaviour. My excitement thought better of me and managed to convince my body to follow-suit Tyson. I went to hide near a pillar when I saw Tyson stopping near the door, answering his phone call.

"Yes, King here. You guys have prepared everything perfectly? Good! Make sure you get the money first before showing Black horse, the stuff. I'll be there in 10 max." He said in a hushed voice before ending the call without any goodbye.

Wow that's so like him. Cold-hearted and rude! Who he think he is to call himself king? I mean I get that he's freaking rich and all but king?! Ha! Black horse? I wonder what kind of video game is that... I sighed. Guys these days just couldn't say no to video games. Take for an example, Drew, he couldn't live without his, what was that? Call of duty? Another thing that's beside his manwhore side.

I shook my head as I mentally criticize Tyson's immature and supercilious attitude. Seeing Tyson on the move, I quickly ducked my head and squatted down, making myself as invisible as possible. He went out of the door and started making his way to his car. Before the front door could automatically close shut, I slide out of the door silently.