#Chapter 19: And somehow, I deserved all of these.

#Chapter 19(Jennifer’s Pov)

I peeked out of the bathroom through the small gap to see the room empty. I sighed in relief. It’s not that I didn’t like the company of Katerina and Clara but it’s just that I’m still new to this kind of environment. I’ve never imagine myself being all alone with no family like right now. I shook my head at my pessimistic thought. Well at least I’m being care for and safe…for now.

My body felt clean and fresh after stepping out of the bathroom. With my towel tightly wrapped around my body, I walked towards my bed, taking out the clothes from my bag. My hands met with a solid but rough object. I frowned wondering what kind of an object has that kind of texture. I pull the object out and felt it getting a bit heavier as I pull it out from the bag.

I took out the object and found it to be the antique, wooden box, I found yesterday in my locked drawer. The curiosity in me was awakened and I was itching to open it. However at the exact moment, the door was knocked again. I groaned in frustration. I pushed it in my bag and quickly took out my clothes. I dressed with the speed of lightning.

“Jennifer? It’s Adriana. When you’re ready, please come down to the office. We have some paperwork to settle.” Adriana said with her warm, gentle voice.

“Okay. Just give me a minute to get ready!” I replied.

Adriana mumbled a sure before I heard her footsteps goes away. I put on my blouse and a pair of long pants. I took the comb and brush my messy, wet hair. Without even looking at the mirror, I took my necessary items and went out of the room.

My eyes widened as I took the place in front of me. The staircase was magnificent and there were many rooms like mine opposite and along the corridor. Wow! Last night was too dark and so I couldn’t see and be in awe of the decoration and theme of the orphanage home. I was busy looking around me when I felt myself bumped into a girl.

“Watch where you’re going Jennifer!” the girl hissed.

I turned to the voice to only be faced with the familiar red-haired girl, Belle. She gave me a death glare before pushing past me to the room and slammed it shut. I flinched. Gosh what the hell is her problem? Ignoring her, I walked down the staircase and saw Adriana waiting beside it. She saw me descending down the stairs before beaming at me.

“C’mon Jennifer! Let me show you around the home after we finish the paperwork in the office!” she chirped.

She placed both her hands on my shoulders and lightly guided me to the way to the office. As I went into the office, people stopped doing what they were doing and stood up, looking at me. They stared at me for a moment, trying to recognize me. Once they seemed to have recognized me, they plastered a big smile, greeting me. I just nodded my head and let my wet hair fall, covering my face.

^^^^^^^

It took quite a while for the paperwork to be filled in. Adriana took care of the paperwork while I just sat nodding to the questions Adriana asked me. Adriana had taken me to the different rooms and I was amazed at the variety of activities in here. We were about to go into the library when my stomach started rumbling, telling me it’s hungry.

“You should have stopped me just now. Come on I will show you the way to the cafeteria.” She said chuckling.

With my blushing cheeks, I nodded and followed her to the cafeteria. Along the way, Adriana would introduce me to the rest of the kids there. I noticed that Adriana is popular with the kids there and they really admired and treat her like their sister or better yet, a mother figure.

As I entered the cafeteria, my mouth literally drooled as the smell of pizza, burgers and all you could think of, wafted into my nose. I rubbed my empty stomach, realizing that I’ve not eaten since yesterday afternoon. Adriana patted me on my back and gently pushed me forward to the different stalls.