Sunday

Roxies Pov
I woke up still on the couch this morning. I guess my body was super drained. The last thing I remember was dosing off on chesters shoulder shile Jonathon looked through my edits. Shit i thought, jumping up off the couch. My presentation for this afternoon, I can't believe they didn't wake me up to finish my work. I quickly flipped open my laptop and looked at the time. It was already quarter till 11 and I needed to be there at noon. Frantically I opened my powerpoint software to begin my presentation, only then did I realize it was already done! I looked over everything which was done in a perfect order, actually I would have done it the exact same way. I let out a sigh of relief and closed powerpoint, revealing a sticky note on the desktop that I missed earlier.

Hey kiddo!
Your edits looked amazing as well as the live footage, I would hire you myself. I know you are beyond tired from working all night and all day, so i decided not to wake you! I took care of the presentation, and your ride for tomorrow afternoon. See you at 12, good luck kiddo :)
-J-

That little devil, he was so amazing to me! And to Lacey for that matter. I could have never dreamed of meeting a better friend. More like a big brother for that matter! Actually if things went well between him and Lacey he may actaully become my brother in-law. Not by blood of course but me and Lacey pretty much consider ourselves sisters. I don't know what I would do without the two of them, or without chester. Speaking of chester I wonder why he didn't wake me up yesterday before he left. I guess I could just text him later and find out, right now I need ro get my ass ready for the meeting. I took a quick shower before changing into my outfit. I chose a black mini dress with off the shoulder sleeves. I finished my outfit off with a pair of thigh high boots and some hoop earings. I also put on my normal make-up. It didn't take me to long to get ready, so i grabbed myself an apple from the kitchen and walked outside. It was only a couple minutes before my ride showed up in front of Lacey's house. Wow Jonathaon stepping it up arn't we, i thought to myself when a Mercedes pulled up instead of a cab. I started to giggle a bit when the driver got out and went around to open the passenger side door!
"Chester what are you doing?" I asked him still laughing.
"I'm opening the door for you!" He exclaimed.
"No I mean why are you picking me up?" I asked him again.
"Because you needed a ride and I don't trust cab drivers!" He said laughing.
"Okay, okay!" I said giving up.
I jumped into the Mercedes benz and buckled my seatbelt. I remembered how Chester drove his Chevelle, I could only imagine how he drove now that he had the money to pay for the speeding tickets.
"Please don't kill me" I said playing around.
"Oh please Rox I don't drive that bad!" He retorted. Besides I wouldn't hurt a hair on that pretty little head of yours.
"Chester you're a speed demon!" I replied.
"Am not" he argued.
"Are too" I argued back.
With that he grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips, leaving a gentle kiss on the back side of my hand.
"I've really missed you." He stated out of the blue.
"I missed you too." Is all I could get out.
We sat there in the car in silence, as we drive down the road. When we arrived at the studio Chester came around and opened the door for me. He held his hand out to help me out of the car, which sat extremely low to the ground. I took his hand and allowed him to help me up. He gave me a smile and a kiss on the cheek before telling me good luck! I stood there for a moment watching him get back in his car and drive away. Omg i thought to myself, he was here that day. The day I came for the meeting his car was sitting in the parking lot right across the street. I just didn't know the car at the time.
I gathered my thoughts and walked into the studio, this time I knew exactly where I was going. I put my game face on and walked into the conference room with confidence!
"Hey Roxie!" Jacoby said.
"Jacoby" I replied with confidence and a smile.
I took my laptop out of my bag and sat it down on the large table. Walking around the room I turned on the high end projection screen in the room. I opened my powerpoint software and clicked onto my saved presentation! As I put the opening photo on the screen, everyone's mouths dropped. This is just a taste of what I am able to do, I stated with confidence once again. "Pictures, video, web design, you name it I can do it!" I told them. I continued scrolling through the pictures I had prepared for them, as well as the finished video footage.
"Mrs. Callahan!" A tall man spoke earning my attention. It wasn't Jacoby speaking this time but his manager.
"Consider yourself a part of the team!" He announced. "We will be leaving monday for the tour and I hope you will be joining us!" he spoke again with a smile.
"Absolutely Sir" I replied with a smile.
"If you would join me in the other room, we can discuss the details" He spoke.
Before I made it to the door, Jacoby walked up behind me placing his hand on my lower back.
"Great Job Hottness!" He wispered in my ear before slipping out the door.
What the hell was that about I thought, although I have to admit I kind of liked it. Roxie what are tou thinking you could never do that to chester! But wait me and chester are just friends right? So many thoughts went through my mind in that very moment. Maybe I just needed to sit down with Chester and see what is going on between us. I mean he acts like he used to towards me but he hasn't really said much about it. He is still acting a bit different towards me, i mean it has been 8 years. Of course I still loved him but he is at a high point in his life and i dont want to get hurt. With jacoby there were no strings attached, I could just get what i need and walk away from it right? Okay rox stop this their manager is waiting for you in the next room. I walked out of the conference room and into another small meeting room. This one would hold maybe 5 people vs. The 30 people the larger room would hold. I walked in and took my seat across the table from the P.R. manager. He slid a stack of papers acrossed the table. After looking through all the non disclosure agreements and confidential stuff I signed the bottom of the page. I continued on to the next set of papers, which included my job description and everything that would be expected of me for the next 2 and a half months or so. Once I got to the last set of papers my jaw dropped, my earnings for 2 and a half moths of work would total eighty thousand dollars. I was blown away, i figured it would be a large sum of money but I never would have imagined that much. After catching my breath I signed the rest of the documents and handed them back to the manager.
"Welcome aboard Mrs.Callahan" he spoke giving me a handshake.