Chapter One

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Milo sat on his bed, holding his new wand in the palm of his hand, still unsure of how he felt about receiving the new one early that morning. His mother had made sure to be there in Ollivander's shop as there was no way he was able to repair his old one. The boy was plenty upset as he had really loved his wand and all morning he had been anxious about what his new wand would be. At first, he convinced himself that he would probably find a wand that was incredibly similar to his last one, but his mother didn't want him to be disappointed and told him that from his first year to his upcoming fourth that Milo had grown and it wouldn't be the same. Not ready to part with his former wand quite yet, Milo requested to keep the fragments of his first wand as they were sealed away in a box that rested in the top drawer of his dresser. 

His new wand was made of Apple wood that Ollivander found to be quite fitting. It was a wand not made in great numbers as it was incredibly hard to find a matching witch or wizard. Mainly because, as Ollivander explained, the wand wanted an owner that had set high goals for themselves along with good morals to match. It was not a wand tended to ever meddle in the Dark Arts, as if that had ever been a thought process in Milo's mind. But Milo found it quite remarkable as Ollivander began to discuss that Apple wood was also attracted to those that were decent in the ability to speak other languages of magical creatures.

Milo certainly wasn't a Parseltongue like his brother but he had taught himself some basic River Troll and a bit of Mermish. Although he was sure if he ever came to speak with either species that they would probably take to laughing at his poor grammar and dialect, at least he was giving it a try. But he found it quite entertaining that a wand could pick up on so much without anyone else realising it. And to make things extra special, Ollivander pulled him aside to explain the special addition to Milo's wand. The common core was unicorn hair, making it a faithful one like the others that shared the core, however, mixed in the core was the hair of a demiguise.

The boy nearly fainted in the wand shop upon hearing that as he never heard of such a combination but as usual, Ollivander had a perfectly good explanation. The hair of a demiguise was never considered to have enough "oomph" to be a stand alone core, however, when paired with another especially one as consistent as a unicorn hair, it proved to be an impressive addition. 

"Especially in Transfiguration," said Ollivander with a wink, causing Milo to hold his breath for a few seconds. He wasn't sure how to react to such a situation, unsure if Ollivander had somehow managed to figure out what Milo's intentions were with his new goals in Transfiguration or if the man was simply referring to the boy walking in the same steps as his mother. Either way, Ollivander said no more on the topic, giving the added details that Milo's wand was nine and a half inches and warning Milo to be careful with this wand. As if Milo had anticipated a tunnel crashing on him because his Defence Against the Dark Arts professor had open fire trying to oblivate him, Ron, and Harry. It would have been nice to have a warning to that entire scenario.