Chapter Nineteen

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

While Milo thought he was going to be sick to his stomach, at the same time he felt like he was going to faint as well. However, he would never describe it as an unpleasant experience to be in the presence of greatness. He had dreamed about meeting Newt Scamander, the man he aspired to be like when he was older, of course, none of the scenarios actually involved meeting the man out in the open. But he certainly wasn't complaining, it was a beautiful moment to witness Newt walk out of the Forbidden Forest. Anyone who had read his writings knew that Newt had developed his love for creatures because of the Forest. 

His mother had been a breeder of Hippogriffs when he and his brother were just boys, and Newt had developed a curiosity for the creatures around his home, but he was mainly limited to gnomes and Horklumps. Unfortunately, for the Horklumps, Newt figured the best way to learn about them was through dismemberment. But when Newt arrived at Hogwarts, he described his experience as everything he had dreamt about as a boy. The amazing creatures that dwelt in the forest and how he would wake up incredibly early, just to watch the unicorn herd graze through the freshly-covered dew grass. 

But his adventures didn't even stop there as the boy left Hogwarts under certain circumstances that were not explained clearly. It did not deter the boy from accomplishing what he set out to do about learning all the magical creatures, no matter how dangerous they were. And he did just that, from wrangling Ukranian Ironbelly dragons to working in the house-elf relocation department, and then upgrading in the Ministry to the Beast Division. The man had certainly found his calling as he travelled the world, discovering new beasties and writing about all of them that he would late on compile into a book.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. 

Otherwise known as Milo Fleamont Potter's bible. The boy had read it over countless times because unlike other authors that perhaps witnessed the same creatures and wrote about them, no one wrote about the creatures with such respect like Newt did. But even after Newt travelled the world, met his wife, and supposedly settled down, he still did his work by travelling and educating as many people as possible. He turned it into a lifetime career and Milo knew that meant that he would use every last breath to help people understand the creatures that had been misunderstood for so long. 

Overwhelmed by the experience, Milo knew there was only one thing he could do at the time, in order to prevent himself from fainting right on the spot in front of his hero.

"Please, forgive me, Mr. Scamander," Milo told the man before he abruptly wrapped his arms around Newt and pulled him into a hug.

He certainly managed to catch Newt off guard as the man didn't know how to react except with a few awkward pats on the boy's back. Through the letters back and forth between him and Milo, Newt was able to gather that Milo was very passionate about creatures and he hadn't seen the type of dedication until a few years prior when he wrote a certain recommendation to a dragon sanctuary in Romania to take on a fresh Hogwarts graduate. But that boy had been passionate about dragons while Milo seemed to be passionate about every creature.