Chapter Sixty-Five

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Milo wasn't lying to Sirius when he claimed that Harry was extremely nervous about playing against Slytherin with the upcoming quidditch match. There was a lot riding on the young Seeker, especially since Gryffindor had yet to pull off a win for the cup since Charlie Weasley had attended the school. The school seemed pretty divided when it came to who they were going to support as Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were takings sides and bets of who was going to win. Naturally, Milo sided with Gryffindor as his brother and friends practically made up the team. Not to mention, he really wanted to be there for his mother.

If Harry or Oliver Wood thought they were nervous, it was Minerva who had been biting her nails in secret. She wanted the win more than anyone, half of it due to house pride and the other half was she couldn't face Professor Snape if they lost to Slytherin....again.

"I'm telling you, Mum, you should dust off an old broom," Milo told her as the two were heading to the stands with Lee Jordan that morning to head to the commentator's box, "or you can take mine and just show everyone what a real quidditch player looks like."

"I would pay extra to see you on a broom, Professor," Lee winked in her direction before Milo scrunched up his face and gave his friend a look. Minerva didn't look the slightest bit phased, but perhaps a little flattered as there was a hint of a smile on her lips as she led the way. As soon as she was a couple of steps away from them, Milo turned to Lee and shoved him to the side. 

"Quit using your flirting on my mum and save it for Angelina, will you?" Milo grumbled as he shook his head and continued on. Lee let out a happy laugh as he straightened himself and hurried after the two of the McGonagall Clan. In the commentator's box, Minerva was going over with Lee on his commenting tact and while it was fine to show team spirit, he obviously had to be fair with the Slytherin team. 

"But they're just going to cheat anyways," Lee informed the woman, "I don't see the problem with pointing it out-"

"Mr Jordan," Minerva's tone was warning, telling him to keep it in check or he was going to have to deal with her before he had to deal with any backlash from the Slytherins. After a few minutes, students were arriving and Minerva was making sure that they took their seats in an orderly fashion.

"I don't get it," Lee sighed, "wouldn't she want me to praise Gryffindor? What kind of house spirit does she have?"

"A fair view on it is what she has," Milo answered, " she is a professor, Lee, and if you're showing obvious favouritism, she has to be fair towards the other houses as well. So play nice, will you?"

"Don't tell that to me, remind the Slytherin team that."

With the match set to get underway shortly, Milo left the commentator's box as his mother returned to keep a very close eye on Lee. He searched for his Hufflepuff's among the crowd and finally came upon where Cedric, Heidi, and Max were seated. He could see the slight disappointment on their faces, mainly because it wasn't them playing for the cup. Gryffindor wanted to complain about when it was the last time they had won something but Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw were always at the bottom of the barrel it seemed. Always second place or last when it came to dealing with Gryffindor and Slytherin.