Chapter Fifty-One

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

"So what do you think?" Hermione whispered to Milo after she had finished discussing her reasoning as to why she believed that Remus was a werewolf. Milo had never doubted before that Hermione was incredibly bright, but if he ever did, he certainly would never carry any doubt. Some of the signs were probably a bit more obvious than others, such as the disappearing every month, and if one was following the phases of the moon at the time, they would probably figure it out. However, she brought so many sources of information, like the potion that Severus was brewing and the fact that the man had demanded their class write an entire essay on werewolves. 

It was clear that there was major dislike between Severus and Remus, although Remus knew how to keep it professional, never one to exchange a dirty look while passing through a corridor, but there was certainly some strife between them. Milo had to assume it had to originate with their father and seeing as though Remus was one of his father's closest friends as a young boy, it made sense as to why Severus would dislike him as well. But to blatantly make jabs at his colleague in the workplace, seemed to be quite a strike against Remus. 

Milo was sure that Severus knew damn well how hard it was for people suffering from lycanthropy to find work. The poor people, many of them turned due to no fault of their own, faced plenty of discrimination within the wizarding world, and yet, it seemed Severus was trying to expose him for some petty childhood reasoning. If word got out about Remus' condition, it wasn't so much life-threatening, but life-ruining. 

The boy bit the inside of his lip, not wanting to tell Hermione that she was wrong because she wasn't, but he certainly didn't want to confirm that she was right in her suspicions either. She had figured it out, which was fantastic for her, but at the same time, Milo was not about to just give away his godfather's secret either.  

"I don't know, Hermione," he replied, "I get your points, but honestly, I think it's a bit of a stretch."

He hated himself, especially as he saw her face deflate, obviously, she had been quite proud of herself for thinking she had it all figured out and of course, Milo had to be the one to crush that thought. The fact that he had to lie to her, it was almost like lying to his mother, he hated the idea of it and actually doing it. However, while he didn't take Hermione to be one to gossip, he didn't want word spreading around because if word got back to parents about Remus' condition, there would be a riot to get him out.

The judgemental bastards wouldn't even take a second to know who the man truly was, he was a gentleman and brilliant teacher, but they would only see a werewolf. 

"My godfather," he cleared his throat as the end of his voice cracked, "he tends to ill quite a bit, he doesn't have the strongest immune system, unfortunately. Perhaps it was Professor Snape's poor attempt at humour to make students believe such a thing, you were quick enough to pick up the hints, but it's not like that. He would tell me."