Chapter Sixteen

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Milo approached his father slowly, slightly nervous as it seemed all the times he was able to meet up and see his parents, it was under strange or stressful circumstances. One of the times including him close to actual death, so he was definitely praying during that time that it wasn't anything harmful that occurred to him. Perhaps it was his father acting as the messenger since the boy and Artemis didn't get off on the right foot. But it was the perfect opportunity for Milo to confront his father, ask him why Harry's blood was considered tainted in comparison to his.

Was it something his parents had done differently in between the time of their births? Milo didn't have the slightest clue but since Artemis only left him with vague reasoning, he assumed his father had to know. Although it seemed as though James wasn't there to talk as the boy's father remained in his stag form and continued to walk through the forest. Milo was not in his stag form as he had greeted both his parents and Artemis in. Instead, he appeared just as he did before he collapsed in front of Cedric and Paden.

"Dad?" He called after James. "Dad, please, I need to ask you something. It's important, it has to do with Harry. Artemis told me that his blood-"

James didn't even bother to look in the direction of his son as he continued walking along as if he couldn't hear anything that Milo was saying. The boy furrowed his brow and he stayed still in place, something seemed completely off. Suddenly, he heard movement behind him and turned, only to let out a screech when he saw a black creature barrelling towards him. To protect himself, he dodged out of the way to avoid getting hit, but the creature didn't seem to notice at all.

Milo wasn't his target.

And he spun around, he finally made note that the creature was in fact, a large black dog and it was heading towards his father.

"Dad! Look-" He was going to warn his father to look out, but James turned right towards the dog just as the dog crashed right into him. Milo looked on in horror before running over to see if James was alright, but after running ahead a bit, he heard the sound of laughter. He came upon the scene of his father no longer in stag form, but back to his regular form, however, he was no longer an adult, but around the age of Milo. He was on the ground laughing with the dog standing over him, the large black tail wagging in a happy manner as James continued to laugh.

"Sirius, get off of me, you git!"

The bespectacled boy pushed the dog off of him and as it rolled off, the dog turned back into a boy.

Sirius Black.

Unlike the photos that littered the front pages of the newspapers such as the Daily Prophet, Sirius didn't look weathered or ripped with madness. His face appeared young, free of stress, not to mention clean. His hair was neater, the dark locks pushed back with a grin on his face, it was in that moment, Milo could definitely see the resemblance between Sirius and Silas. Especially when the two smiled, if Elspeth had been friends back with Sirius when they were around this age, Milo could see how hard it probably was to face her son since he looked just like his father.