Chapter Seventeen

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

No one really seemed willing to clear the room right away, as they wanted to make sure that Milo was actually alright, but he wasn't really giving them a choice. With his fever fading rapidly, his ability to talk coherently, he appeared to be back to his usual health. If he was actually willing to talk about it someone, then they were going to have to oblige for the time being, although Minerva definitely thought her son would confide in her first. Eventually, though everyone cleared the wing, including Madam Pomfrey, to grant the two their privacy. Elspeth seemed surprised at first that he had asked her to stay behind, but judging by her face as she settled down beside him on the bed, she knew what was coming. 

Once the room was cleared, Milo cleared his throat but Elspeth wouldn't meet his gaze as she peered out the window quietly. 

"Aunt El," Milo said in a low voice, he had a sneaking suspicion that there were probably some ears trying to eavesdrop on what they were going to be discussing. "What really happened that night? The night everything happened?"

The Auror became stiff for a moment, her hand rubbing over her arm gently as she frowned and then looked over at him. "A lot, Milo. A lot happened that night, everyone's world changed, some for the better and others for the worse."

"You made the arrest," Milo told her as if during a short span of time she had forgotten, " you arrested Sirius. You turned him into the Ministry-"

Her head began to shake from left to right as she bit the inside of her cheek, to the point where she could taste blood in her mouth. Milo leaned forward on his bed, to place his hand over hers. He wasn't trying to make her feel horrible, it wasn't his intention at all, but he needed his answers. He was more than certain that the memories wouldn't have been shared if he wasn't supposed to question things. His father or Artemis, clearly one of them wanted him to see those two memories for a specific reason. 

"You turned him in, didn't you, Aunt El?"

Elspeth placed one of her hands over her mouth for a second, before she turned to him and dropped it down to her lap. "No," she whispered quietly to him. "No, I didn't. I could never bring myself to do such a thing, Milo. Even if...even if it had been that way, I wouldn't have been able to do it."

"But the Ministry-"

"They came upon me at the wrong time. I was trying to figure out what was going on, he was going to tell me, but when the other Aurors arrived it was too late. Coming upon the scene, it looked as though I had caught him and that was the credit that was given to me because he told me to take him in. He told me that he would explain everything."

The Hospital Wing was completely silent as Milo waited for her to continue on, judging by her voice, he could tell that she was on the verge of crying, but she was doing everything to keep a strong face. Whether it was for his sake or her own, perhaps both, it didn't matter because Milo knew there was a bit more.