Chapter Seventy-Three

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Needless to say, Milo was terribly confused by his ability to transform into a stag, for two main reasons. He had not completed his animagus training in order to transform on his own and two, his corporeal patronus was nowhere near his form. Normally, the patronus was a massive indicator of what he was going to be and to go from a kitten to a stag, it was quite puzzling. However, it was certainly convenient during that time as he was able to push himself to run fast on the forest floor in order to chase down Peter. There was no way in hell he was going to let the rat escape, he only hoped that everyone else would be alright when he returned. 

As he began running, he sensed a light to his side, causing him to turn his head abruptly for a brief second. To the right, there was the Ceryneian Hind keeping pace with him. He should have known, it was Artemis' doing in that moment. Perhaps she couldn't appear during that time, but she did stay true to her word of protecting the Potter family to the best of her ability. The golden light emitting from the Hind seemed to light up the forest as the two raced alongside each other. The light permitted Milo to see everyone on the forest floor, including Peter.

He pushed himself as hard as he could in that moment as Pete zigzagged through the area trying to throw the boy off his tail literally. At one point, Peter turned around and that led to his downfall as the rat didn't expect to see a stag barreling towards him. The rat lost his footing and tripped over a large root, landing in the clearing and sliding across the way. He quickly went to get himself up and try to run again but Milo jumped right into the clearing and landed on the rat's tail with his hoof. 

Peter let out a painful squeal into the air as he was flipped on his back, staring up at the stag. He couldn't see the Ceryneian Hind in that moment like Milo, but he didn't need to see the Hind in order to be afraid. He was shaking as the large stag loomed over him, snorting angrily as Milo attempted to catch his breath. 

What Milo wasn't aware of was Peter was fearful, not only because he had been caught but because he believed that he had been caught by the late James Potter himself. How was it possible, he wasn't sure but now everything was coming back to haunt him for his crimes. He attempted to move, almost as if he was going to run again. In a panic, Milo wasn't going to let him go as he stomped his hoof down again and he heard a crunching sound beneath it.

Peter's cry into the night went from the small squeal of a rat to the scream of a man as Peter fell out of his form. Milo took a couple of steps back, staring as Peter's upper body squirmed in pain, but his lower half remained still.

"I can't feel my legs!" Peter screamed. "I can't feel them, my legs!" He attempted to lift his head to look down, wondering if his legs had vanished at some point. But they were still clearly there attached to his body, he had just lost feeling in his lower half for the time being. When he saw the stag still staring him down, Peter placed his hands up trying to defend himself.