Chapter Sixty-Six

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

"I haven't heard anything from them in awhile," Elspeth informed Milo as the two were catching up with one another in the courtyard. Gryffindor's victory had brought immense pride not only to the team and house but to former members of the house as well. Elspeth couldn't deny her Gryffindor pride as she wore a little lion pin on her Ministry robes. Harry had been running off the excitement of the win for at least a week after the match, but unfortunately, the third years had to buckle down for their exams. Not to mention, the fifth years were preparing for their O.W.L.s. 

So with Harry and Cedric preoccupied with trying to get as much studying and work in before the exams, Milo was often given plenty of free time to relax as he was incredibly confident how his exams were going to go. But it did give him some private time to speak with Elspeth and check in with Sirius. There was still no sign of Scabbers/Peter and even more worrisome, there had been no sign of Hades, Persephone, and Artemis for weeks. It was leaving them to grow worried that something had gone wrong as all the gods and goddesses involved with wizarding families were supposed to assemble.

"You don't think something went wrong, do you?" Milo questioned as he sat beside her on the stone wall. 

"I hope not," Elspeth answered with a sigh, "that would not be good at all. However, knowing them I think they have it under control. Hades may not be Mr. Personality, but I am more than certain Persephone and Artemis know how to work a crowd better than anyone to get their point across. Don't worry about it, Milo. They'll return when the time is right."

Milo swung his legs back and forth before another thought entered his mind. "So there are other wizarding families under other gods and goddesses, I wonder who they are? And if they're around here. Remember what Persephone said? She thought Athena would have been the interference before us? So what does that mean? That she resides over someone we know?"

"More than likely, Milo, I have my own suspicions, but I'm not trying to cause any more trouble then I'm already involved in. I'm just hoping to solve this mess that we're already in. It shouldn't have ever ended up like this and the fact that this is carried on as long as it did...it's all my fault."

"Sirius said it was only a matter of time before you started to blame yourself again," Milo told her. "I think you know better, that it's not your fault. We know what happened that night and as much as you want to say that you should have seen it coming or you could have done something different, you know it's not true. It happened and right now the best thing to do is look forward instead of focus on the past. "

"Goodness, I can tell that Minnie raised you," Elspeth said, a smile returning to her face. "You sound just like her, has anyone told you that before?"

"Yes and every time, I take it as a compliment. Although I guess the only person who's not exactly thrilled with it, are my parents. You should have seen my mother's face when she saw my patronus, it was like I had stabbed her multiple times. A kitten, Aunt El, of all things, a kitten. I come from a family of stags and does, and yet, I'm a kitten! It's bad enough that people didn't see me as a Potter before but now-"