Epilogue

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

While Milo had been looking forward to the summer that he was going to spend in the company of Newt Scamander, at the same time, he also found himself not wanting to leave either. He was home back in Hogsmeade after the term came to an end, and it had been incredibly painful to witness Harry board the Hogwarts Express once more to return to the Dursleys. The brothers were doing their best to keep smiles on their faces for the sake of one another, to show that they weren't hurting on the inside like the other suspected. But deep down, they both knew that it shouldn't be ending like that. 

Milo was furious with Dumbledore but it seemed that man had more influence than anyone was actually giving him credit for. He had done basically nothing to help spare Buckbeak's life, yet he was the one who was interfering with Sirius gaining guardianship of Harry. That certainly wasn't adding up in Milo's head but no one seemed to be incredibly focused on that. Everyone was too busy focusing on other things as Sirius was adjusting himself to living in the outside world as a free man.

The Wizarding World had been thrown into absolute chaos with learning that he was actually innocent, while the majority believed it, there were the select few that didn't. But that didn't matter much to Sirius for the time being as he was moving into Elspeth's place and working on developing a relationship between him and silence. It was no secret, things were incredibly awkward between the father and son, even though they were so similar within their personalities, too much time had passed for things to go over so smoothly like everyone hoped.

It wasn't terrible between them, Silas seemed to grasp the information, but they were definitely awkward. 

But things weren't awkward or terrible for everyone as Cedric seemed to actually enjoy the start of his summer holiday. He got along with Madam Rosmerta very well and between her and Gwen, they promised they would take very good care of Cedric while he worked at the Three Broomsticks. He had his own room, he was getting paid for his work, and he seemed incredibly comfortable in the company of the women. Milo just hoped it would remain that way after he left with Newt.

The night before his departure, Milo and Cedric were sitting outside on a patch of grass outside of Minerva's home. Milo was looking up at the stars, his head resting in Cedric's lap while the boy played with his hands. Paden was catching bugs in the night air, his chirps echoing about. 

"You'll have to write to me about every exciting and not so exciting thing that happens," Cedric told him. "I mean, I thought it was going to be a holiday for you just being around Newt, but he's taking you to Brazil, that's certainly going to be something, isn't it?"

"I think so, I heard there are plenty of creatures out there to explore. That's why Castelobruxo specialises in Magizoology. I'm excited, but I do have one concern about heading to Brazil."

Cedric peered down at him. "And what's that? After everything you have faced over the course of these past couple of years, what do you have to be concerned about?" There was humour to his tone as he smiled at Milo.

"Well, I heard it's really hot there...I'm a fragile specimen, Cedric."

"Fragile?!" Cedric screeched. "Oh hell no, Milo, I am not letting you get away with that claim. The boy who was crushed under piles of stone and survived, the boy attacked by a werewolf and survived...the one who embarks on danger without question and you want to tell me that you're fragile?"

"Uh, yes?"

Immediately, the struggle began as Milo attempted to escape but it was too late as Cedric began tickling him. Paired with Paden's chirps of the night, the boy's laughter carried on bringing about the official start of the summer.

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

There you have it, folks, the ending of the third book. I hope you all enjoyed this crazy adventure and I certainly hope you're ready for the next one to begin. I've already started on the next book, so it will be published soon enough. But just to give you a little teaser, here's the cover...

 But just to give you a little teaser, here's the cover

Are you guys ready for the Triwizard Tournament?