Chapter Twenty-Eight

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Cedric wore a pleasant smile on his face after Milo left to take a shower, brush his teeth, and get dressed. Paden remained with him as Milo promised to be back shortly, still at rest, but now the bowtruckle had made himself quite comfortable on Cedric's pillow. To that moment, even though Milo had been gone for several minutes, Cedric still found his heart rate beating faster than normal. Kissing Milo had brought back all the feelings he felt when he first accidentally kissed Milo on the lips, but this time there was no fear. 

No fear of anyone walking in on them, questioning them, no thoughts of what his parents would think, it just felt right in that moment. Then he couldn't bring himself to stop because he didn't want the feeling to go away. It had to be considered slightly addicting whenever it came to kissing Milo. He had t admit, he was more than happy that Milo agreed to go with him to speak with his mother. Anne probably expected Cedric to come alone, but if things turned sour, Cedric knew there would be one person to cheer him up.  That's why he wanted Milo at his side in Hogsmeade. 

It would also come down to if his mother held a negative reaction to it all, Cedric probably wouldn't be able to fight her back as he was never really able to argue with his parents, but Milo probably wouldn't hesitate to fight back. In some ways, Cedric liked to believe that he and Milo worked to better each other, although Cedric felt as though he really only helped Milo when it came to quidditch while Milo did so much more for him support wise. He would definitely have to make it up to the boy, he wasn't sure how though, but he had time before Christmas came and he planned on getting Milo one hell of a good present. 

"What do you think he would like, Paden?" Cedric turned to glance over his shoulder at the bowtruckle that looked far too comfortable. "Perhaps another bowtruckle?"

The loud raspberry that emitted from Paden as a response made it clear that it was not an option, but it definitely made Cedric laugh. "Sorry, Paden, I know, you're the only bowtruckle in Milo's life and it's going to stay that way forever, right?"

The small chirp confirmed that Cedric was correct but the small chirps that followed sounded more like a warning, telling him never to bring up the idea again if he valued his life. 

Finally, Milo returned, clean and dressed, and his breath minty, something that Cedric learned right away as Milo pounced on him back onto his bed. It had to be some form of payback for the morning as Cedric looked up at Milo, who was only a mere few inches from his face. He wasn't sure what the boy was about to do and the mischievous grin on his face certainly wasn't helping. He had to wonder if it was some sort of prank that was about to fall upon him, but as Cedric looked around, he was met with his own trick. 

Milo leaned in and kissed the exposed part of Cedric's neck before muttering "relax" against his skin. Although he didn't continue to kiss him all over like Cedric had done earlier, he merely sat up in his lap wearing a cheeky smile. Where Milo had kissed him, he could feel the minty coolness from the boy brushing his teeth before showing back up.