Chapter Twenty-Five

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Milo couldn't even begin to explain what had possessed to insult the man without truly really knowing anything about him aside from what other people had told him. As much as Elspeth and he wanted to believe that he wasn't a part of the crimes that had led to the death of his parents, Milo didn't know the truth and it was best to stay cautious in order to stay safe. Luckily, he had a wand, which gave him the upper hand in the situation and Paden was fully prepared to call upon an army of bowtruckles if a dog needed to get its arse beat for trying to mess with Milo. However, with as sick and weak as the dog looked, it probably wouldn't take much to bring the dog down, probably a strong gust of wind would get the job done.

But Milo's reaction time was slow because while he was left in a state of shock, the dog morphed and took back his human appearance. Seconds later, Milo found himself in a hug causing him to let out a small squeak as he was pressed up against the bony man.

"James!" The man let out a happy cry. " Prongs, I-I can't believe you're here. You don't understand-"

Sirius' voice trailed off especially when he wasn't met with a hug in return, instead, Milo's body was quite stiff with nerves, definitely not expecting the man to hug him, let alone call him by his father's name. Slowly, he pulled away, his hands resting on Milo's shoulders as the boy's wand continued to illuminate the scene. Sirius had pale blue eyes that were practically grey in colour, Milo had seen them before with Silas. Only Silas' eyes always seemed to hold happiness, unlike the man before him that appeared broken and shattered. 

"You're not James," Sirius said in a low voice, watching as Milo shook his head.

"No, I'm Milo."

The clearing was silent for a few moments, Milo gripped his wand tightly unsure what was about to unfold now that he had revealed his name to the man. There had been the paranoia earlier in the year where Milo believed that Sirius had escaped from Azkaban to finish the job of making sure that all the Potters were dead, not mention going after his own family. Despite what Milo and Elspeth had discussed, it didn't help that Sirius was quiet and still for a few moments. It left Milo nervous, fearful that the man was going to attack and then what was to happen. He was deep in the forest, probably far enough in that no one would hear him cry out even if he called for help. 

"Milo," Sirius repeated the name under his breath, "Milo Potter."

He took a step forward but Milo took one step back, too many thoughts racing through his mind at the moment and not all that sure if she should allow Sirius to get close again, especially since he knew who Milo was in that moment. However, he couldn't deny how happy Sirius looked when he thought that Milo was his late best friend. Did he think he was seeing a ghost? Did he think they were reuniting in death?

"James is dead," Milo told him looking to the ground, "you were there that night, weren't you? You were there that night when Harry and I were upstairs with our mother and you...you were downstairs telling my father to wake up."