Chapter Twenty

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Milo wished that he could have spent the rest of his schooling under Newt Scamander's tutelage as just the short time that they spent in the Forbidden Forest, he seemed to learn more than he ever did just reading countless books. Newt seemed to enjoy the boy's company more so than anything as the two were able to ramble freely and not have anyone stop them. To the older man, Milo reminded Newt a lot of himself when he was a boy. The countless facts that seemingly never interested anyone else that continued to escape the boy as he grew more and more excited. The way he could spend close to hours talking about one creature, it filled Newt with a sense of silent pride. It was always nice to see that his hard work had paid off, even if only one person took away from his writing and research that was enough to make a noted impact. Newt had a feeling he was walking alongside a boy destined to change the world. 

Everyone in the Wizarding community knew about the Potter boys and what had occurred that evening back in Godric's Hollow. Newt had been one of the few that did not wish to celebrate the downfall of Voldemort, simply because he was too busy grieving over the sudden loss to the wizarding community. Two young parents had lost their lives protecting their sons and while their sacrifice meant to many that they wouldn't have to suffer through the same experience, Newt and his wife, Tina, certainly felt terrible for the two children that had been left orphaned.

Newt had been in contact with Dumbledore shortly after everything happened just to see what would become of the boys and he was surprised to hear that the boys had been separated. Even Tina protested the idea of parting the two toddlers but it certainly wasn't up to them to speak out against Dumbledore. Besides by the time they had been in contact with the man, the deed had already been done. The brothers were separated, although many of the wizarding community seemed to be concerned with the whereabouts of one and that was the youngest, Harry Potter. 

When Newt received the letter not only from the boy but from his guardian, Minerva McGonagall, he had to admit that he was surprised. It slipped his mind over the years as he didn't hear anything about either boy and then to suddenly have one pop up. His mother wrote in her letter how much Milo aspired to be like him and how she was thankful that he had found a fantastic role model to model himself after. Needless to say, Newt was flattered to hear such a thing and decided that if the boy showed so much interest early on, the least he could do was encourage it.

He was hesitant about sending the bowtruckle as he wasn't sure how well it was going to be perceived, not just by the boy, but mainly by his mother. But Newt could only remember all the wonderful years of having Pickett as a companion. Initially, one wouldn't believe that a bowtruckle would make a good companion, but one learned something new every day. Tina didn't think it was the best idea to ship a bowtruckle but Newt was glad that he what he wanted to do in that moment. Especially after seeing Paden and Milo together, it brought back pleasant memories for Newt.